xisto Community
RockinTheCasbah

Dealing With A Long Term Relationship Break Up How do I deal with this?

Getting dumped for a fantasy

Dealing With A Long Term Relationship Break Up

Hi, I had been dating this guy for 5 years, yes 5 years! We had just celebrated our 5 year anniversary. We were in love, a love like no other. We hit a rough patch a couple of years ago, but now the realtionship was amazing.

Recently, out of nowhere, he told me he wanted to have 2 bisexual girlfriends!???? What the hell? Talk about a bombshell! I thought he was kidding, but he let me know he really wasn't. He said "Why would I be kidding? It would be fun no?"

The thing is, I'm the only girl he's had sex with. And I've always asked him if he felt he was missing out on something because of that. But he always said no.

He left me because I said I wasn't bi, and that I didn't want to do anything with another girl, and I didn't want to watch him get it on with another girl.

I know you're all gonna tell me he's a idiot and has unrealistic ideas, and that it's better this way. But he really was an amazing guy. And we were together for 5 years!

Well since he's a guy, I know he's gonna get right back to the dating scene, and I can't picture him with another girl. It makes me feel sick!

Anyways, I just want to know if this has ever happened to any ony you before, and what should I do? I'm really heart broken. A big chunk of me heart is now gone, and there's not much left...

-reply by Broken hearted

being involved with a married man

I have been involved with a married man that I didnt know that he was married, for the past two years and last month his wife called to ask about the relationship and I admitted it to her and I broke up with the boyfriend but now I cant take him out of my mind I feeel so used and like an idiot. What should I do? I feel like going to see him and smacking him as hard as I can so that next time he will never mess up with inocent ghirls like me while he got his family.

-reply by mamoseme

Me and this guy were dating for about 8 months and everything was good. He told me that he loved me and he wanted to be with me for the rest of our lives. I was madly in love with him until one day I went on his myspace page and saw he had a picture of another girl on there his reasons for her being on there were my cousins did it I don't know who she is. But she left a comment on his page stating how much she loved and wanted to be with him. It turns out that she is one of my friends sister. So I knew everything about him and her. I confronted him and he went off on me saying that I didn't trust him and we couldn't be together anymore. But I knew why he really broke up with me it was so he could be with her. I thought he was just angry at the moment but he was actually threw with me I really miss him and still love him dearly. It hurt so bad when I past by places that me and him went after all he was my first everything my first kiss, the first I had ever had sex with, I really miss him wat can I do to get over me and him?-reply by Brianaj08

it hurts

I've been friends with this guy for three years then we decided to date but we are actually on a distance relationship but now hes been giving me a cold shoulder when I make him aware he thinks I don't trust him but I feel like I've lost him because now he doesnt call or do anything ,hes phone is off . We were so serious and I was willing to go places with him . I think about him every chance I get ,I try to get him off my mind but its hard ,I often ask my self questions I cant answer I'm deeply hurt please tell me how to deal with this because its clear that I've lost him both as my best friend and boy friend.

-reply by chantel

6 Year Relationship...Poof...Just like that!

I was with my ex for over 6 years. We were just about to move in together and he tells me that he wants to be single (just like the girl's situation a few posts back). Turns out he's with another girl and he is happier with her than me. I did everything for him, and he was a great guy, but he kicked me out of his life just like that.

The story gets really deep because the new gf was harassing me and, of course, he believed that she wasn't and nutty new girl actually turned the tables and made it look like I was harassing her!

I actually feel like I don't love him anymore, but I miss the "habit" of the relationship. When you are with someone for so long, you get quite comfortable in a routine that you both share-whether it's going out to eat at such and such restaurant every Friday, or going to the same place on vacation every year. What scares me is MY future. Will I ever meet someone I feel equally comfortable with? Will I have new routines and such with someone else one day? and above all, will the heart in my heart ever go away?

Everyone tells me time is a healer, and that's the advice I give all of you, too.

Good luck!

-reply by Relationships STINK

A coming break up

Nothing is worst than a relationship which involve wife and baby...There is this woman called me one day saying that she is my bf wife and they have a baby on the way...But she knows the guy don't love him anymore and she is willing to let go this relationship...When I confront with him he denied eveyrthing and says that this is a harassment to him...He has did nothing wrong and he has no relationship with this regular friend of him...I trusted him so much and try to ignore this woman who had never call after that...This is going to be our 3rd month of relationship, there is a lot of changes in him which remind me of what she told...Besides the less message, less call, always claiming he is busy at work, he switches his mobile number...But, when we were together, he seems the guy I know from the start, caring, loving, gentleman, and still treat me good. I love him...A lot a lot...And I am very depress and sad to accept the fact that he is hiding something behide...I still pretended to be happy with him because I realize that I can't accept the fact to break up with him...I really need help...

-question by Saddi

Brianaj08...I have the same problem as you, he seems like a two-timer...I know exactly how you feel...I can't forget all the routine things we did during the weekday and weekend...But we have to be strong ok...Don't feel bad about this...Think positively, you have not married him yet...Unless you discover it before the marriage and it is less than one year...These are all wat I told myself...I need to be strong again...It is definitely his lost to do this...-reply by Char

Dealing with a relationship being over

I was in a relationship for three years, my girlfriend just ask me to move out. For a long time I really didn't care if that had happened , but when she told me she needed some space, I had a real change of heart I wanted to try again and she didn't. It is hard for me because she has an autistic son whom I love like my own son, its like she has to get over one person and I have to get over two, I don't know what to do all I want to do is be with her, and I think she has started seeing an ex boyfriend already , I wasnt even done moving out before that had happened she says their just friends, but I don't believe her, the last few months she has been lying alot, when we lived together and she went out she ignored my calls and wouldn't respect me and leave me worrying all night, she has contacted me every day since we split except for the weekend. What should I do I really love her and her son

-reply by mattht6

Replying to RockinTheCasbahwell you know what they say, time heals all wounds. I'm not going to lie to you, it's going to hurt real bad for awhile. I wsa dating this girl for 3 years and we had a baby 7 months ago. Well about the last year of the relationship things started going bad. After the baby was born she grew more distant from me, and about 2 months ago she told me she was done. And she won't let me see my daughter. She told me my daughter loves her new bf. I wish she would have just slapped me in the face. But anyway, it will get better. Try to keep yourself busy. I hope this helps you. I know what your going through, I'll pray for you. -reply by jeff

Long term break up

Well I too just got dumped by my girlfirnd today we had ben going out for 2 years, lateley I have ben hanging out with my guy friends more and she thought I was "putting her on the back burrner". Also today is her birthday and I have ben saving my money (every pennie) to get her a nice gift and this moring I got yelled at because I didnt get her a card, so she got mad and broke up with me, this is about the 3rd serious breakup we have has the longest being 5 days, but I need to get over her because she keeps hurting me like this, please help me get over my 1st love

Don

Replying to iGuest

I myself just ended a 3 years relationship with my husband. I asked him to move out of my appartment and not contact me for a while coz I needed my space. Now he cannot respect my wish and calls, emails, go to my workplace. I can't take it. I wished for a clean break-up but I guess it's too hard for him. The problem is it's hard for me too and he just makes it harder on both of us.

If ever we feel tempted to call (because, apparently, we will) let's try to remember we call it break-up for a reason: it's broken and cannot be fixed.

-reply by Yaya

Share your stories - is there hope for happiness after you lose your love?

Hi all,

I'm currently getting through a painful breakup right now. We were dating for 1 year, 3 months and were head over heels in love, and were talking about marriage and future plans. We were however, having issues for a very very long time and it finally came to the point that we talked about it realized that the only thing holding us together was our love. But sometimes, love isn't all that's required - there's basic compatibility and being in different life stages. So we both decided to end it. It's been terribly painful though, because I do love him and the breakup wasn't so easy with a lot of back and forth going on. Now, its over and its been 2 weeks since I've last spoken to him. (I know it sounds so short a time, but for me it seems like eternity and I'm glad I was able to go this long without contacting him).

Anyhow, been taking it day by day and trying to be positive. The reason I posted this was for anyone out there to share their 'happy ending/beginning stories' - after their first love/serious, long term relationship ended. Is there hope? Do you ever fully heal from what you think is the only person you will ever love or love you back? Please share, I'd love to hear some happy stories :)

-reply by celeste

Dealing with a relationship being over

My girlfriend of 4 years just told me it was over. It only the second day I don't know if I can deal with it. I'm hurting so bad that it feels hard to breath. It started when I mentioned to her that she was distant and I felt she was taking me for granted. She would order me around to do things for her when before she would ask nicely. She came to me a day or two later and told me she was sorry and needed a break to figure out why she was feeling anger toward me. Then a few days later she told me that it was over, she didn't wanna be in this relationship. She said she didn't wanna feel like she had to check in with me when she did something. I never said she had to though. She said we hungout so much that she never got a chance to miss me and started taking me forgranted. I love her so much. I'd drop anything for her. All I can do I can do is respect her space and hope she misses me. I was suppose to buy her engagement ring yesterday. Now I'm in so much pain that I can't even function, please help heal a broken heart...

Dont wanna loose him

I have been with my boyfrtiend for almost 3 years in feb. 2009.

We went through a really bad rough time. Not because of him, but because of me. I cheated on him twice and had a few friends I associated with. He found ou t and things got ugly. I was stupid and shouldnt of did that to him. In my heart I really care and love him and right now it stills hurt him. I regret everything and he doesnt believe I can make things better. I really love my man and I beleive I can show him I changed. I want to continue on and stick by him. He doesnt trust me but he told me he stills loves me and its hard for him to break up with me since we have been together, but in a way he does want to break up. I don't know what to do. I can loose him.! what to do? we been through good and bad. And I apoloogize a trillion times for hurting him

-reply by teyah