xisto Community
ivenms

Trap17 Should Offer Free Domain Name Why not starting free domain service?

I don't need a domain name at the moment. Anyway I'm lucky that I'm hosted here in the first place, and wants wrong with rather charging a small fee? I'd rather support Xisto than another company :)

Of course Xisto should offer Free domain name for us , our sites will grow as fast as possible and Xisto would become the best web site free hosting ever and everyone will know about it and come here. Also , something.com is better than something.trap17.com like what you guys said , but if the domain name is too hard to be offered here , I still happy that I have a perfect web hosting site (er , I mean I have a site hosted by a perfect hosting site). Xisto currently has MySQL , File Manager , PostgreSQL , phpMyAdmin , phpPgAdmin , Sub Domain names and more more of them but all are FREE , if plus domain names will be perfect :)

A free domain name will be a good idea for us all.Xisto offered phpMyAdmin , phpPgAdmin , MySQL , PostgreSQL , File Manager , unlimited sub domains , unlimited databases and more with even a paid hosting can't give you that much.And of course it will become a perfect web hosting site if Xisto Admins decide to offer free domain name as well.

my opinion:Xisto offers, as what I`ve read on their site (I don't have yet a hosting account), the best hosting of all I`ve seen - ad-less - (and trust me, I`ve searched a LOT)asking for free domains (which, btw, you can get very cheap - 10 euros/year - and that`s almost the maximum price) is almost being with no common sense... I mean, you get an excellent hosting service for free, but for you it`s not enough -> you should rethink your attitude...you can't get everything for free in this world, you know :)oh, and we have a Romanian saying (approximate translation): a gift is taken away from who he is not happy (or unthanked to say so :P ) with it :P

Edited by hts (see edit history)

I agree that Xisto would become no. 1 if it even started out giving free domains but the thing is, then the current members are 30,000 +, but that time, it would be 300,000 + members and that would be not good as that many members won't be that active as even currently hardly 30% of the 20,000 are active.And it would be like an overload for admins and mods as they will have to approve so many registrations.I agreed with the discount idea someone posted before.I am happy with my hosting, it's not that I don't have the money to go professional, my dad will give me the money, around 10$ (500 INR) is no pain as my daily allowance is around 50 INR so I could save up a little and in 20 days, I can pay for the entire year on GoDaddy.But the thing, my web-site ain't that good and I don't have many ideas to make it big and hence I am keeping it to this mysitename.trap17.comThen there would be no difference between a person with a domain and newbie who doesn't even know how to code in HTML having his/her own site which would be coded even worse than many of the piczo sites.*EDIT*And yeah I got 44.61 credits with me and I have never gone below 20 as of yet and that too when I was busy with my examinations and it is really easy.With the forums, I got to learn so many things, especially I improved my English alot, managing the blog and forums on my own will give me a kinda "used to" feeling when I go totally profesional with my own domains and stuff and with a small idea in my mind and will in my fingers to make it big.Hence, I would Xisto to be just like it is but yeah if the guys at Xisto and OpaQue are already thinking of something "similar" to it, I am having no problems with that too... :)

Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

I alreaddy have a free domain service, i can get .net domains for free. On a dutch / belgum provider. There is no english site sadly. But offering this woud be great I agree.Woud cost some money tho for the domains, but hope you people will finish that project your working on woud be great :)

This topic is one year old. At last this place is decided to give free domain.. :)Sure that will help to get more members..But there are now lot of places ( only some of them are genuine, all others are scams). Little late, I think..