xisto Community
mainvent

Photoshop - Lightning Tutorial How to make realistic lightning in photoshop.

This tutorial will teach you how to make realistic lightning.

1) Open a new file, set the canvas size to about 400 x 300 pixels.

2) Set your foreground color to white and background color to black.

Posted Image

3) Go to Filter > Render > Clouds.

4) Go to Filter > Render > Difference Clouds.

5) Go to Image > Adjust > Invert.

6) Go to Image > Adjust > Levels.

7) Move the arrow in the middle all the way to the right.

Posted Image

8) To change the color of the lightning like I did, go to Image > Adjust > Color Balance.

9) That's all there is to making realistic lightning, fairly simple yeah? This is what mine turned out.

Posted Image

I saw this tutorial somewhere on google when I was searching for a lightning tutorial, this isn't exactly what I wnated but it has a cool ending result and I'm sure I'll end up giving this a try.

Greetingsman nice result, not realy axacly like a lightning but its nice,i like the way you made your tutorial,its easy to understand for the beginners,keep up the good workhave a nice day :lol:

Not exactly like lightning,but it still looked nice.ill give it a try later on.

Here is a twist on this tutorial that will give your lightning a specific direction, rather than filling the screen. You can start with a transparent/no background. Select the gradient tool and make your gradient fade from black to white. Next, create a gradient with a pretty narrow fade region so that your picture is now a gradient from left to right that almost looks like left-half-black and right-half-white. Next, render difference clouds, invert, and adjust level. You can also adjust color balance to change the color of the lightning. I'm at work right now without Photoshop, but I'll edit this post when I get home and add pictures.

Sweet!Is there some way to control how the lightning ends up, though? I think it would help a lot if you could control where the lightning goes, and still have it as realistic as that. Like if you already have an image, and you want to make it look like the person in it is getting struck by lightning.Still, pretty cool. :)

This tutorial will teach you how to make realistic lightning.

1) Open a new file, set the canvas size to about 400 x 300 pixels.

2) Set your foreground color to white and background color to black.

Posted Image

3) Go to Filter > Render > Clouds.

4) Go to Filter > Render > Difference Clouds.

5) Go to Image > Adjust > Invert.

6) Go to Image > Adjust > Levels.

7) Move the arrow in the middle all the way to the right.

Posted Image

8) To change the color of the lightning like I did, go to Image > Adjust > Color Balance.

9) That's all there is to making realistic lightning, fairly simple yeah? This is what mine turned out.

Posted Image

hello i really need a real tutorial on photoshop please iam new to it and i need to use it in mt site designs. please help me i really want to be using photoshop intaed of fireworeks