xisto Community
Ao)K-General

Pbpbb2 Vs Proboards Which do you think is better?

phpBB2 vs Proboards  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

phpbb ofcourse.i have used proboards few years ago. it was similar to yabb forum software. but it doesn't have good feautres and since it hosted on remote serer, you don't have full control. even though you can skin it and somewhat mod it.as for phpbb, it good and free. comparing to ipb and vbulletin it's not as good. but the new version will be a lot better.

it really all depends on what you want , phbb2 is a free easy forum not too advanced quite simple, where on the other hand ipb has alot of features is quite hard to use and it has a price tag on it, if you just want the best forum you possible can even if you had to pay some money i would go with vbulletin, im using ipb atm right now 1.3 from a different hoster im liking it especially because of customizable board wrappers...

Out of those two PHPBB definitely wins! But PHPBB also has a lot of security flaws. IMO the best free forum software is SimpleMachines. Its very customizable and much safer than PHPBB, also its fairly easy to administrate. So if you are choosing free forum software, Id recommend SimpleMachines :)

I've always used Forumotion.com since the moment I found it... a few years ago, maybe? It was pretty early in my roleplay years that I found it, and I thought it was pretty easy to use compared to proboards. Yeah, it has some extra buttons, but they're easy to use or ignore. =3