xisto Community
Tsunami

Favorite Music Genre What type of music do you normally listen too?

Favorite Music Genre  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What kind of music do you like? Tell me what bands/groups/singers are your favorite...Personally, i go for the more Metal/Alternative Music. I like bands like Avenged Sevenfold and System of a Down. I also like some more indy music like Panic! At the Disco and Coheed and Cambria. Here lately ive found myself tuning in to listen to Musicians like Gnarls Barkly and Rainer Maria. My iPod is (was) my bestest friend in the whole wide world. Its nice to have a vareity of music...btw... did anyone ever like the spice girls XD? i was like OBSESSED with them when i was 8.... i went a concert in like june 1998 and i cried the whole time cause Geri (Ginger Spice) Halliwell wasnt there... I know i know im prolly the only one who liked/likes them but hey, can you blame me? (dont answer that because ill prolly get an answer like "Yes.... yes i can blame you").... :)

I also used to like the Spice Girls, I think I still have their film somewhere :) I'm really a Music *BLEEP*, I try to buy a lot of CDs because I'm attracted to the object but my mp3 player (an Archos, really pretty) is also almost full.I'm a rock fan, my parents have a lot of CDs (they used to have vinyls too, first edition sometimes) of classic rock bands like The Beatles, The Who, The Doors, Ten Years After...So I grew up with a rock atmosphere.But I'm also a rap, rnb fan, when it's good I don't care of the kind of music.

lol well its glad to see another Spice girls fan ^.^. I loved my ipod even though i had it only halfway full, sad thing is i left it in my pocket when i did my laundry and it 'accidentally' got washed >.< The headphones still work though. Speaking of Rock & Roll, i was watching Nightmares & Dreamscapes (from the stories of Steven King *my HERO*) and on it they went to this place called Rock&Roll Heaven in Oregon. it Was Actual Rock & roll heaven but it was kinda evil... just figured id tell you ... :)

Grunge rock. Nirvana, Peal Jam, Soundgarden, Alice In Chains...bands that put their soul into the lyrics and performed not for the money and fame, but for the joy it brought them. Other than that, I'm a fan of a lot of Japanese rock. I don't really know what it is about it, but I'm totally hooked on bands like Do As Infinity, Asian Kung-Fu Generation, Utada Hikaru, Ayumi Hamasaki, and Ban Tomiko.

On the poll i put "Other" because you didnt NAME it...but my favorite music genre is Techno, ahahaha i know everyone thinks its stupid. well its not, its my favorite music right now and i constanly listen to it. I usually listen to it when i go to sleep because it relaxes me and i noticed it makes me go to sleep faster when i do listen to it.but for now, techno is my favorite music genre.

I like country the best, I grew up listening to it and still do. I just don't listen to it as often now. I'm starting to like all kinds of rock from the early stuff to the newest thats out now. However I can always listen to country, so yeah I picked country.

Edited by Slay (see edit history)

I normally listen to rap anf hip hop,but I listen to all kinds of music. What I look for in a song is words, rythum and beat.Some songs are so touching you can't help but to listen to them over and over.

sorry i didnt name techno, i ran outta choices >.< I also like techno.i grew up around country too. I grew up around my dads family and they listen to NOTHING BUT country. but i didnt take to it as much as my brothers did. I like some country 'songs' but i wouldnt say i like country music as a whole. Same way with Rap music, i like Chamillionare 'Ridin' But i dont like Bubba Sparxxx 'ms new booty'. Theres one song ive been listening to like crazy and thats 'Buttons' by pussycat dolls ... does any one else like them?

I mostly listen to rap. I personally thing its the best genre our right now. They have so many up and coming people. Epscially with all these mixtapes coming out. There are so many news guys that arent that big yet that you get to hearr. It is really amazing.

judging mainly from the polls... it seems that no 2 people like the same type of music. However there are only 6 votes. but judging from the posts, it seems that Rap and Alternative/Metal Music has been fairly popular. Tis good to know what people like when making a community site. I recently heard this new song, i dont know what its called or who sings it, but its somthing about 'every time you come around, my london bridge wanna come down' .... i dont understand it >.< Could someone tell me what its she means by that

I recently heard this new song, i dont know what its called or who sings it, but its somthing about 'every time you come around, my london bridge wanna come down' .... i dont understand it >.< Could someone tell me what its she means by that

It's Fergie - London Bridge..I think it's Fergie from Black Eyed Peas
It's a really strange song..the chorus it's catchy, i think this was the ideea.

If anyone knows what my name means there's one major one right there. On any given Sunday I can like any kind of music. Black metal and grincore are really the only no-gos for me. Music genres that consume most of my time are Classic Rock (Led Zeppelin, Beatles, The Who, Boston, Blue Oyster Cult, Deep Purple, the Doors, etc.), Metal (Normal and Thrash inparticular, stuff like Megadeth, Anthrax, Iced Earth, Evile, Nevermore, Blind Gaurdian, Testament, Gamma Ray, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Pantera, I could list forever), Progressive (Rush [favorite band ever], Pink Floyd, King Crimson, Yes, Genesis, Dream Theater, Opeth, etc) and Alternative (System of a Down, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Alice in Chains, Stone Temple Pilots, etc).

But like I said I like tons of other stuff. Some of my favorite bands are not contained withing these genres, so yeah. Always wanting to expand my horizons.

-reply by Cygnus X-1

TechnoFavorite Music Genre

I never liked techno untill I went to melbourne AU and saw the melbourne shuffle, I was amazed to see how the dance went, and what they listed when they shuffled hardstyle and hardtrance mainly but hard dance also. If you look up the melbourne shuffle you will most likely get hooked and not stop downloading techno music learning to shuffle, And for hose of you that wont like the melbourne shuffle its all an opinion and the world is against you.

Techno

Favorite Music Genre

I never liked techno untill I went to melbourne AU and saw the melbourne shuffle, I was amazed to see how the dance went, and what they listed when they shuffled hardstyle and hardtrance mainly but hard dance also. If you look up the melbourne shuffle you will most likely get hooked and not stop downloading techno music learning to shuffle, And for hose of you that wont like the melbourne shuffle its all an opinion and the world is against you.

Please, I'm a hardstyle connoisseur. If you want to see pure techno-induced madness you should visit Holland, the birth place of most styles of hard dance. Malaysia is also strangley connected to the techno world- just look up the "hardstyle republic" and take a look at 'Moonboy', a 9 year old Malaysian boy shuffling his *bottom* off in his living room.

Personally I'd say Progressive Rock was, and still is the pinicle of musical innovation. I'm talking pre-80s. From all the big names like King Crimson and Genesis (but not 'Yes', I HATE 'Yes') to the smaller rural bands such as Camel (currently my favourite band). But the greatest innovators of Progressive Rock were the Germans who created the 'Krautrock' movement (aptly named by the British press), drawing elements from all types of music to create some of the most sinisterly beautiful sounds of the last 50 years. Best Krautrock band were 'Can'.

King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Camel - Supertwister: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Can - Sing Swan Song: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Another honorable genre for me would be Folk-Rock. Not that Indie bollocks they're producing now-a-days, but the raw aerie faerie stuff from way back. Much like most of my musical finds, whenever I ask my parents about them it turns out they were listening to the stuff in University (probably whilst smoking copious amounts of the good stuff).

Fairport Convention - Now Be Thankful: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Nick Drake - Riverman: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/