xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mjay06

Mysql Help Needed

Right, where do I start...I have a phpbb forum, which is ok but doesnt give me the scope for expansion which I need, so I have switched over to phpnuke (which has phpbb integrated anyway).My problem is this - how do I transfer all the member details from the phpbb forum to the phpnuke database? I'd really rather not have to ask everyone to rejoin if it can be helped, & I guess there must be some clever way of using the mysql database to sort it out.I'll be the first to admit i'm pretty clueless when it comes to the finer workings of mysql databases, so any help on this would be great.

Ok so go into your forum administration and look under the General Admin tab and go to Backup Databases. Do a full back up or whatever and then download it to your computer. Then go into the forums on your PHP Nuke site, look under General Admin again, and go to Restore Databases, and upload the file from your computer there and it will restore all users topics, categories, and I think even the theme if it is uploaded.

I gave it a go but got this lot, any idea what i'm doing wrong?

Error importing backup file

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '42', '48807696a0', '\'Z\' - Artists', 'All Found Here![/color:4835ce9aed] INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('42', '48807696a0', '\'Z\' - Artists', 'All Found Here![/color:48807696a0] INSERT INTO phpbb_posts_text (post_id, bbcode_uid, post_subject, post_text) VALUES('43', '508f85594a', '\'Y\' - Artists', 'All Found Here![/color:508f85594a] * Y Kant Tori Read - The Big Picture * Y&T - Contagious * Yarbrough & Peoples - Don\'t Stop The Music * Yazoo - Don\'t Go * Yazz - The Only Way Is Up * Yello - Oh Yeah * Yellow Magic Orchestra - Technopolis * Yes - Owner Of A Lonely Heart * Yngwie Malmsteen - You Don\'t Remember * Young MC - Bust A Move * Yuri - Este Amor No Se Toca')

Line : 980

File : admin_db_utilities.php

*edit* - I deleted the thread that all that lot corresponded to & the backup was successful :)

Notice from serverph:
added quote tags

Edited by serverph (see edit history)