xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nations

Nvidia Unwraps 64x Sli Monster Gpu Rig

What do you get for the graphics buff who has everything? How about Nvidia's Quadro Plex 1000, a racked collection of GPUs in their own box, together capable of rendering 80bn pixels every second and powering monitors with a combined resolution of up to 148 megapixels.

It starts at only $17,500 using Quadro GPUs. With the use of Model II, you can have to pleasure of using
two Quadro 4500 X2 GPUs - ie. four graphics cores

Model III has the ability to work with "Broadcast Quailty" HDTV.

Models I and III can do 32x SLI full-screen anti-aliasing, while the Model II goes up to 64x SLI FSAA. The Model II has 1GB of DDR2 graphics memory per GPU, while the other two machines have 512MB of GDDR 3 per GPU.

The machines are controlled from a PC or workstation - 32- or 64-bit, Windows or Linux - connected across a network. Nvidia reckons the boxes will interest not only content creators but folk doing scientific modelling and simulation work.

The projected release time for this thing is September according to my source.

Very interesting. If they only were cheaper and such i would probably try them out and see if i could get them to work with some games since the graphics would be insainely quick using it.

What do you get for the graphics buff who has everything? How about Nvidia's Quadro Plex 1000, a racked collection of GPUs in their own box, together capable of rendering 80bn pixels every second and powering monitors with a combined resolution of up to 148 megapixels.

It starts at only $17,500 using Quadro GPUs. With the use of Model II, you can have to pleasure of using

two Quadro 4500 X2 GPUs - ie. four graphics cores

Model III has the ability to work with "Broadcast Quailty" HDTV.

Models I and III can do 32x SLI full-screen anti-aliasing, while the Model II goes up to 64x SLI FSAA. The Model II has 1GB of DDR2 graphics memory per GPU, while the other two machines have 512MB of GDDR 3 per GPU.

The machines are controlled from a PC or workstation - 32- or 64-bit, Windows or Linux - connected across a network. Nvidia reckons the boxes will interest not only content creators but folk doing scientific modelling and simulation work.

That will be super cool,i mean ultra cool,can't wait

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Copied source http://www.winbeta.org/?q=node You must use QUOTE when copying from another source. If your post contains more than 30% of copied article/QUOTE our board considers your post to be spam. Simply supply us with the article's URL and contribute with your own words. Do not double post by copying the original post.