xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Kubi

Opera And Caching Dont mix

I notice when I'm on a webpage such as DeviantArt, where you have an active message centre, you clear all your messages, and in Opera when you reload the page it's all back again. I know it's the cache but I'm not sure why it does it. It happens here to. When I make a post it doesn't show up till I clear my cache. That's the only problem I seem to be having with Opera.I'm running Opera 9, I believe. I've set the disk cache to 100mb, and it's "supposed" to empty the cache when I close the browser, which may or may not work. Anyone know what's up? Maybe I should turn caching off all together?

I have Opera check for new information everytime it loads a page. I think you can have it do that every certain amount of time; same for images. In the preferences under the "advanced" tab, in the "history" section, tell it to "always" check documents. See if that helps.

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

I got fed up with Opera's cache, so I have turned it off completely. Remember that even if the Disk Cache is turned off, the Memory Cache can still store the page, which is why it will 'revert' if you refresh immediately. If you visit a few other pages or wait a while then refresh it should be OK. Alternatively, set the memory cache to Off too. Mine is set to Automatic and Disk Cache is Off, and everything works fine.

It happens when I play Neopets and X-Kings too. I keep attacking/depositing but there is no gold/NP on there anymore :)Check for new information is set to Every 5 Minutes, I'll try Automatic option and see if that helps.Maybe I'll turn off disk caching. That will solve the problem greatly.Also, if you want to override cache reload, you can always press Shift+F5 to redownload the page.

Edited by FirefoxRocks (see edit history)