xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
burnego

Yahoo, Faster Than Google - TEST

Yeah i mean if you timed how long it look on your computer 9 miliseconds would make no difference, i think that as long as the search engine is fast it is the content that counts, which is why i use google. It now is the only one of the big 3 who are a dedicated search engine site.

Time to search might not acually be the time to load right.. Google has much cleaner results and I would imagine Google would be faster then, but in the end it all depends on your location and the location of the server where the website is hosted on..

Yahoo is faster than google. I agree with this. I have been noticing that Yahoo is much more diligent with their search bots than google too. The Yahoo Slurp crawls my site every day, but google just crawls occasionally. As a matter of fact, I think Yahoo updates their search results much more quicker than google. But strangely, google seems to yield better results and smarter caching than yahoo. Yahoo seems to be still weak with algorithms.

Yahoo may be fast but with there tons of ads loaded in the page makes it a bit slow in some connections.As T100 has said that Yahoo claws his site daily, but if you compare the results of their searches, you will know which one is better. Crawling everyday doesn't make sense if you don't have a good algorithm.If you are searching something then you will find your desired site/content quickly in Google even though it is slow by 0.023 seconds.

What realy matters is the amount of infomation and quality of it that a search engine can provide and as most of us know,google is the best on that.

I agree with you on the amount of information but not the quality part. Google sure has the largest database but a lot of spam too. Google values offpage factors more than Yahoo. Yahoo is more focused on onpage factors which makes it really easier for you to find the information you want without using any operators. Of course Google becomes better when you use it's powerful operators but not everyone know these. Most people who really know how to use these operators are those interested in search engine optimization, not the average searcher.

I got not really a tech guy but when I used google @ my home on a 56kps modem, google is faster where else in my school where they use I think... 1.5mbs internet, yahoo was much faster than google.

Would yahoo be faster since it's used by fewer people? Milliseconds doesn't matter to most people (I don't know anyone it would matter to), Google has better results, so what do I care if it takes it a few more milliseconds to get them?

On what connection speeds did they test it on though, and how many times did they test it? I would like to know if they tested it on DSL/Cable/T3/T1, etc; or just averaged them all out. I just did a search on the same thing on Google and Yahoo and Google was 0.02 seconds faster for me and on another search it was 0.05 seconds faster. I mean this really varies by day of the week, time of day, if school is in and what not as well.

im sure it also depends on what your searching for, how many things come up. Because im sure google adds about like 100 different sites to their database a day, if not even that. Yahoo probably paid tons of cash for people to make this up. Google is just more convienient. I mean, https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl, bam its there, yahoo takes longer to get to. And I think google is just more popular, and recognized. Edited by nol (see edit history)

maybe yahoo is faster, but the search results dont look as good as the google ones nor do the pictures. Google is for search and yahoo is for email. Yahoo Mail outright beats GMail Google Search outright beats Yahoo Search:)

Its funny :lol: anyways i think goggle is the best in quality of search and no of results,and accuracy,its obvious that if u give more result it will take little time.but the main thing a serch engine shoul have is accuracy and quality,thats what google has.so Google is The best and faster

Edited by sourabhj (see edit history)

Weird, when you go to http://yahoo.com/ , a hundred pictures got to load, even when you go to http://search.yahoo.com/ , some news and pictures have to load. While, https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl just has one picture and the results are better then Yahoo.

1 - 10 of about 261,000,000 for testing - 0.18 sec. Yahoo

Resultaten 1 - 10 van circa 268.000.000 voor testing (0,07 seconden) Google

Edited by Rapt0r (see edit history)

Without reading most of the thread, google did provide Yahoo with results for a brief while (before Google eventually became a major competitor and eventually a leader in search engines). I personally think google is more accurate, maybe not perfect.. but pretty accurate.