xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
plantacja

Looking For Good Video Editinf Program...

I would like to know which you think is the best video editing program.First of all I have worked with standard Windows Movie Maker, but soon I wanted to do things more complicated. So, now, I'm working with Pinnacle Studio 10. It has good features and relatively easy to handle, but it sometimes simply closes down. Furthermore, the Studio 10.0 s horrible and one has to download a bunch of patches.So does anybody have a good program with good features and easy to handle?

I didn't understand what would you be interested on doing... I use these programs related to video: VirtualDubMod / Nandub / AVIMux Gui... However they do only work for encoding and stuffs like that... I suppose it's not what you meant. However VirtualDub can do some things that you might do with your video... I guess you have already heard about it... It can crop movies and those things which would edit video...

There is a programs you can use called Adobe Premiere. I have Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 and it works beautifully! It's has much more functions then the presets of Windows Movie Maker. In Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 you may customize your videos to your needs. Although Movie Maker is a good start, moving to Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5 is something you should try. It may seem like the controls and buttons on Premiere Pro 1.5 are confusing, but as you get used to it, it's very useful and you'll be very happy.

Some nice features are:
1. Able to export as gifs, quicktime, bitmap, filmstrip, targa, TIFF, Microsoft AVI, Microsoft DV AVI, and Windows waveform. Also, you have the ability to export to a DVD
2. Nice after effects.
3. Multiple tracks (audio and video slots)
Possible Problems:
1. Big files while exporting.

You can get a trial version of the newest Abobe Premiere Pro 2.0 here.

If you have any further questions about Adobe Premiere Pro, PM me for any other questions.