xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mjay06

Firefox Problems theme or addon diabled

The usually excellent Firefox is annoying me.When ever I try & install a theme or add-on im greeted with:'Software installation is currently disabled. Click Edit Options to enable it & try again'So off I go to edit options, & nowhere is there 'enable software installation', ive looked through every menu on firefox & just cant find it.Where am I going wrong? Its very annoying.

Edited by Mjay06 (see edit history)

I tried reinstalling netscape 1.5, & still had the same problem.Being clever, i tracked down a beta version of Netscape 2, installed that & my problem had disappeared.Unfortunatley, I now have another problem - being a beta, netscape 2 doesnt have any available themes or add-ons yet :)

Edited by Mjay06 (see edit history)

Firefox Problems theme or addon disabled.

Firefox Problems theme or addon diabled

Replying to Mjay06

Its very simple really, open up the addons thing under the tools menu go over under themes and find the theme you installed and click enable I don't know why they had you go to options or whatever you said. Just go to the addons located under the tools menu on that handy little status bar that says file, edit, view, history, bokkmarks, tools, help. Yeah just click on the tools and open the addons menu. It should all be fixed after that.