xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Google Adsense Between Posts -IPB Forum-

I was wondering if anybody knew any good ways to display the Google Adsense ads in a IPB forum between the posts. Like the way Xisto has it. Is there a skin file under Topic_View that I add it to or is it a modification to some code.

So I'm new ad adding ads to the forums I own, because like all other webmasters your are crunched on cash sometime in your life. Anyways I don't want the add to appear in a post after a post. Some sites do that and its annoying.

Any ideas or help is appreciated, I did not know to post this in the Adsense forum or this forum so where ever it fits best. Thanks in advanced. :)

Searching Invisionize I found this link http://forums.invisionize.com/index.php?showtopic=65722 to be somewhat similar to what you are asking.

Xisto has just about 90% of personalized coding by OpaQue so I'm not sure how it works here, but Dean's modification comes pretty close to what you are looking for.

Related but off topic:
I use SMF for one of my sites and SMF has ad management mods, which I think is very cool. But under ACP of this IBP forum I do not see any control for ad placement. I'm assuming it's all in the skin template. SMF makes it possible to control the whole thing under ACP which I find it to be intuitive.

Alright thanks Buffalo, I do have something for you that you might find interesting, see the PM.I will test that out and see how it works, I just did not know if it was a specific skin file that you add the ad after something or a mod that you guys added or one of OpaQue's master minded codes.

If your using phpbb there are quite a few codes for adding ads. Just goto phpbb.com, look under mods, and then under cosmetics i think, or just search for it.

If your using phpbb there are quite a few codes for adding ads. Just goto phpbb.com, look under mods, and then under cosmetics i think, or just search for it.

Practicing reading the topic starter's post is a good habit for our forum (or any other forums).

good ways to display the Google Adsense ads in a IPB forum between the posts

was the topic starter's original question, and not pertaining to PHPbb.
Please make your replies within the topic at hand.

I don't know, how to place adds in side the Text. I used PHPbbFM on my site and it has a custom advertisement code, in which you can place any code, like google adsense. and it works fine

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Didn't you see my reply above? You will have to lose credit for this one.