xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tezza

Microsoft Office 2007 Beta 2

So has anyone downloaded and tried this yet?

http://www.microsoft.com/err/office/

It's the entire suite for free and it's really cool. It's such a huge difference from the Office 2000 I've been using for years. It's a big 450 mb download but I think it's worth it. You have to log in to download it but all you need is a hotmail account and you don't even need to give them legit info or anything. I just put in garbledy gook for all fields besides email. The installer is fairly smart and will remove previous versions of office if you have them. Also, you can use the key they give you to install it on as many computers as you like. I've installed it on two computers so far so I just assume it'll allow for more. It does have you activate it at the end when you first run an office program.

My big question is does this last forever? It even let's you do updates and seriously you'll need to run windows update after installing this. There were like 14 updates or something that appeared after putting on the system. I hope it doesn't use the update system to make you stop using it or something. Anyway, I heard that those who got Office 2003 Beta are still using it today so that gives me hope.

What do you guys think?

I don't know. I am sure they probably will try to make your version come to an end by putting on an update that way you go out and buy the real thing. So basically do all the updates until it comes out because you aren't really forced to put on the updates. Hopefully you won't find any huge bugs that will mess it up. I don't even know if they are allowed though to make you delete it. I might download the beta to try it out but I have 2000 and I can always go back to using that if the beta goes bad.

yeah i have it too one feature i like is the three-d shapes on word, it realy helped for my physics coursework, i have found some problems with it though, mainly in excel 2007 with creating charts, it locks up sometimes and the axis titles move and can be moved on an irrational axis. I also love on word 2007 being able to predifine titles, subtitles, headings etc. and then just having to press one button to access them

The new interface looks pretty good for something designed for Microsoft, a far cry from Publisher 97 with the massive childlike icons. The only problem with downloading the beta suite is that it will stop working at the beginning of 2007, as Microsoft would never let you have anything for free.The list of new features and functions they have put in is quite impressive and they do seem to have thought seriously about what Office is actually used for and how different people use it. Unfortunately, there are umpteen thousands of different versions, but to do my A-Levels, I'm gonna need one of the top versions.

wow great ,I will give a try for this version though I already have a full version already.I hope this is better than the old version that i already had.by the way thank you for sharing.Hope no error in this version.

I did not notice many changes over newer versions of Office ever since Office 2000 was up. Office XP is strikingly similar to Office 2000 and Office 2003 is also very similar to 2000 except with minor changes to the graphical user interface. In my opinion, the development of word processing and office software has reached maturity long before the era of Office 2000. THe newer versions fail to surprise me. I think 2007 will be more or less the same.

Great share, I love this version of the MSOFFICE Series, but i was dissapointed that the graphical user interface wasn't skinable. Anyone else find that annoying? >.<