xisto Community
BooZker

Boozker's Place What should i change?

OK well i have my main site which is http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ but that's not "my" site it's my video group's site. So I decided i'm going to make my own site. Can you guys just tell me what you think i should change. I made all the graphics and stuff, but myself (this is the first time) Be nice though haha it's my first site i made without help with images and website templates. So what do you think?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (this will change later, but for now this is my testing server)

Edited by BooZker (see edit history)

I think the reason why everything is aligned to the center is cause of

<div align="center">
The table is already aligned to the center, no need for
align="center"
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

In Opera all the text is aligned to the centre of whatever is containing it, so you may want to look at what truefusion has suggested. The reason that headings 3 and 6 are black is becuase your CSS sheet sets the color to black:

h3.main { color:#000000; text-transform:capitalize; font-weight:900} h6.main {color:#000000; text-transform:capitalize; font-style:underline}
If you change the colour code from #000000 to #FFFFFF then they will be white. Also, that capitalize thing has no effect whatsoever, using Opera.

On your main site banner, there is very little difference between the letters 'c' and 'e', as the 'e' is missing the crossbar. Also, the apostrope (') before the 's' looks like a comma. You might want to see if you can fix that, otherwise it looks like Boozkcr,s Placc

Your mouseover effect on the Home and Downloads buttons is clean and simple, and very easy to see which button is selected. The lime green mouseove you've got for the link though looks a bit odd, and would probably look better in a dark blue to match the site.

For your first time making a site 'solo' so to speak, you've done a great job, better than the first time I tried to make a site design.

If you change the colour code from #000000 to #FFFFFF then they will be white.

omg haha i feel like an idiot. Thanks

On your main site banner, there is very little difference between the letters 'c' and 'e', as the 'e' is missing the crossbar. Also, the apostrope (') before the 's' looks like a comma. You might want to see if you can fix that, otherwise it looks like Boozkcr,s Placc

Yah i see what you mean. I knew what i typed so it didn't look weird to me. I think i will change the text. Maybe the same as nav bar text.

Your mouseover effect on the Home and Downloads buttons is clean and simple, and very easy to see which button is selected. The lime green mouseove you've got for the link though looks a bit odd, and would probably look better in a dark blue to match the site.

I know. I can't find a good color. I actually was going to make them dark blue at first, but it is hard to see on the right table. Got an ideas for that? I can make the footer and main links white and dark blue, but on the other place it is really hard to read.

Also, that capitalize thing has no effect whatsoever, using Opera.

Really... i'm going to download Opera and probably get rid of that bit of code because it's not that hard for me to just push shift. I just tried to make it easier haha.

For your first time making a site 'solo' so to speak, you've done a great job, better than the first time I tried to make a site design.

Well i have been making sites for over a year now and have been learning. I have made a total of uhh... 5 sites with help of graphics and templates. I decided though it's time for a challenge haha. So for my first site i even used some php which most do not use and i would suggest everyone use for nav bars and headers and footers at least.

Lastly,

truefusion i got rid of that code, but it is still centered. Some help? Please... haha Maybe you meant somewhere else? Look at the code and tell me.

truefusion i got rid of that code, but it is still centered. Some help? Please... haha Maybe you meant somewhere else? Look at the code and tell me.

The 'div' element with the 'align' attribute that is exactly under the body element (the line right under it). That's the one i'm talking about.
I removed it, and it aligned the text to the left. But it also made a few other things aligned to the left. But i modified the code, and fixed a few errors. I'll PM you the HTML file with all the mods. It should look the same in all browsers.

I removed it, and it aligned the text to the left. But it also made a few other things aligned to the left. But i modified the code, and fixed a few errors. I'll PM you the HTML file with all the mods. It should look the same in all browsers.

OK sweet i'll take a look. Thanks a lot.

It worked