xisto Community
wappy

Help With Sql File? please help me.

hi, im really confused, i just tried to install an sql file for a wap top list that i have used before on other hosts, but when i import it it says the is an error with it but its worked for me in the past?? Can anyone help me work out why the code is giving me an error? Here is the sql file:

-- Table structure for table `uglymonkey_toplist`-- DROP TABLE IF EXISTS `uglymonkey_toplist`;CREATE TABLE `uglymonkey_toplist` (  `id` int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',  `pass` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',  `mail` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',  `link` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '',  `logo` varchar(150) default NULL,  `cat` varchar(10) NOT NULL default '',  `date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  `lastout` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  `lastin` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  `incoming` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',  `out` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',  `total` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',  `description` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),  UNIQUE KEY `name` (`name`)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT=97;-- -- -- 
please help me i really need to get this working =[

Were you given any response as to what section of the SQL file was causing the error? Normally it will say something along the lines of "Check your code near..." which would be quite useful.

sorry yes the charset and increment lines i think. I have managed to get on that works and also has another table for a reset clock, here is the new code but i would still like to know why the first one didn't work as i have used it before, very recently infact but on a different server :-)

-- -- Table structure for table `uglymonkey_toplist`-- CREATE TABLE `uglymonkey_toplist` (  `id` int(4) NOT NULL auto_increment,  `name` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',  `pass` varchar(30) NOT NULL default '',  `mail` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',  `link` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '',  `logo` varchar(150) default NULL,  `cat` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',  `date` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  `lastout` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  `lastin` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  `incoming` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',  `out` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',  `total` int(10) NOT NULL default '0',  `description` varchar(150) NOT NULL default '',  PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),  UNIQUE KEY `name` (`name`)) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=22;-- -- Clock for counter reset `uglymonkey_clock`-- CREATE TABLE `uglymonkey_clock` (  `time` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',  PRIMARY KEY  (`time`),  UNIQUE KEY `name` (`time`)) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=22;

I have a feeling that the Charset is not defined simply with CHARSET= but has to be done this way:

SET CHARACTER SET charset_name
The rest of it looks OK as you say. If you used it in other places then it's probably a different MySQL version to the one here at Trap.

check the mysql version you last ran this code with and see how it compares to the version at the Xisto server.