xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brautigam

Question About Uploading Files im sorry if someone already has a thread on this

I have been using Frontpage 2003 to make a website, it is basically complete but I need to know how to upload the files. I have been playing around with the file manager and it seems like I have the site there but in a very inefficient manner. Is there any way I can just use Frontpage to upload the files and type in my password and username in Frontpage? If so, can you lead me to a thread that explains it or tell me? If not, is there an easier way to upload files into the File Manager other than picking them one-by-one? Thank you very much for your time....I found out how to hook up to my site manager through an FTP program (SmartFTP) but I am still wondering which folder is it that actually contains the files that are my website??Is it the "public_html" folder or is it the "www" folder?? They both contain the same exact files and I want to know which one matters.THanks

Yah put them in the WWW OR the public html folder. Whatever you do to the WWW folder it changes it in the public_html folder and vice versa. If one is haveing a problem then use the other. This has happened to me once before. I couldnt upload file to the public_html folder, but the WWW worked. So just use either one and if one isn't working use the other.

How many times must we discuss the same topic when search feature reveals previously asked questions? This topic is closed and please use the search feature before making/asking a subject that has been covered.