xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vietonline

Recover Hosting Credit delete hosting account

I have install phpbb2 forum and I can't delete it ,Though I already follow the instruction there.First press the button to prepare remove my forum the press another button to remove my forum,but It wasn't removed.Does anyone have any idea about this.I don't want to waste my space.And If I terminate my account .Does it recover my hosting acredits.Please tell me what you know.thanks.

Edited by vietonline (see edit history)

No I don't think you can recover credits when you lose your hosting you would have to start over and begin again. If you are trying to do it in CPanel I would recommend downloading an FTP program. All you have to do is when you log in to all your directories, go into your public_html file and right click on the forums directory and click delete and that should work.

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ SmartFTP

I don't think you are recover credits when cancelling your account.
If you have this kind of problem, download something like AceFTP, FilaZilla or SmartFTP to delete the forum folder.

For example, my phpBB2 is installed on the folder phpbb2.
I go into http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
And then I hit the phpbb2 folder and press delete. This is done using FireFTP and AceFTP, instructions may differ a little for other FTP programs.

Yeah, consider doing this before deleting the account.

thank you,I don't use any program to do this,I just login to my account and come to public_html folder and then go to the folder contain phpbb2 forum and I click on it ,then I press delete button on the right.After that I see that folder already deleted.Is that OK.And How can I delete my database?

Edited by vietonline (see edit history)

If it says this folder has already been deleted then yes it should be gone just log out and back in using the FTP program and the folder should be gone. If not try to click on it and if it won't allow access to it log out and back in one more time and see what happens.To delete the database go into the control panel again, click on MySQL Databases, and next to each database name there are controls (Delete, Check and Repair) so click delete there and you are all set.

Use phpadmin from the cpanel to delete (drop) the database or to confirm that is already deleted.