xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
scab_dog

How To Make Firefox Load Faster + Known Firefox Tweaks Do you hate how long firefox takes to load? Then this topic might be h

profilesHow To Make Firefox Load Faster + Known Firefox Tweaks

the reason firefox loads so slow is because of addons and updates create a new profile firefox.Exe -p to open profile manager firefox must not be running create a new profile and set it as your defalt you will lose your apps but firefox will start up faster.  you can use three extensions  called CLEO, FEBE and OPIE and save all you addons and settings in a single file and reinstall them.  while your looking at your extensions disable some you don't need like ridiculous amounts of toolbars.  also see of there are any addons that combine some you have like tab kit has colors tab manipulation and other stuff that has individual addons you may be using.

also I think this is relevent 

https://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox/Projects/Startup_Time_Improvements

-reply by hank brenaman

hard drive partitioning is also importantHow To Make Firefox Load Faster + Known Firefox TweaksI enjoyed the post by the dude with more than just 2 cents. I couln't have explained it better.One assumes that people know that the OS is still loading but many don't.Another reason why FF might not load fast is that ALL computers nowadays have HUGE hard disks and the OS comes installed in the same disk as the rest.I have seen 3.4ghz computers with 4 gigs of ram performing worse than a nicely optimized 1000ghz. Just load 300 gbs of movies into them and a couple dozens silly programs loading at start up and the bloathing is done.In that case my spare old Palomino 1800ghz with 2gig of RAM will be faster than any of them, since it has a small 20 gb drive especially for the OS.It loads firefox 3 in less than 3 seconds, I just timed it. This P4 takes less than a second.As a home page I have an html page that's sitting on my local drive. This page has all my links, passes etc etc it's a bit like my padnote.There is also some folder within FF's guts that can get very big (gigs worth) but I forget which..I landed here while looking for a way to load 100+ tabs at the same time and still have a fast FF.. Not much hope of it happening but I bet there's an extension somewhere so I'll be on my way searching..-reply by some firefox user

I've been a computer geek-wannabe since 1988, & to be honnest, all browsers today are the BOMB compared to the crap that was available back then. In my humble opinion, FireFox is the dominant browser, & is much more secure compared to IE only because it does not load ActiveX Contorls. FireFox deals with pluggins... so does a few others.

FireFox takes anywhere from 10 seconds to 10 minutes (really!) to load for some people without pre-loaders, & there are common reasons for it in most cases. I will give you a simple list of things to try out to see if it can drastically reduce your FireFox loading times. Restart FireFox after each of the following to find the culprit responsible for most of the loading time wait.

Un-Check ALL FireFox auto-updating... Tools > Options > Advanced > UPDATE

(uncheck FireFox, Addons, & Search Engines) *Restart FireFox & Time The Next Load*

Uninstall all junk toolbars, & extentions... Tools > Add-ons > Extentions

(Remove ALL crap not being used) *Restart FireFox & Time The Next Load*

Create a FireFox shortcut on your desktop (If one is not already there)

Right-Click the desktop, choose New > Shortcut

Enter "X:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /MOZ_NO_REMOTE -prefetch:1 as the location...

Type FireFox as the Shortcut Name

or...

Right-Click the exsisting FireFox Shortcut, & choose Properties.

Select the ShortCut TAB at the top...

In the Target Location box (Target:) add a space at the end, then add /MOZ_NO_REMOTE -prefetch:1

It should now look like this: "X:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" /MOZ_NO_REMOTE -prefetch:1

Remember to replace the X in the above "X:\Program Files..." with the appropriate drive letter of your system. ie: "C:\Program Files..."

I hope this helps someone out there. :)

Posted Image