xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
FLaKes

Ip Address For Web Page Hosting

Hi, me and a friend are planning to put up our own server to host the future web pages that we will be making, and to sell hosting. Right now we are stuck with the Ip address, anybody know if Xisto.com sells an ip address or someone else that does?I have dsl at home where I was planning to put the server, I called the internet service provider and they told me that I would need to upgrade to the enterprise package which would cost $100 dollars plus what I am paying for the internet, which would total to about $139 dollars a month. Which is too expensive for us. Anybody know another solution for this?

Trap17 does not sell IP address (this is called STATIC IP address, where it does not change). But Xisto - Web Hosting can sell you static IP address that you and you alone can have. However you have to purchase hosting plan in order to use this static IP address--which is very common among all hosting providers.Static IP address is expensive. The average cost is just about $100~$200 range. If that's too expensive for you, try using redirect IP services, such as MyDNS, but those may not be what you're looking for. If you're trying to have static IP address you need static IP hosting plan. Redirect DNS is useful if you're hosting with dynamic IP address.HOWEVER, any hosting plan from Xisto Corporation (Xisto, Xisto, Xisto - Web Hosting) will have their own IP addresses that do not change unlike your DSL IP address. If this is what you're trying to obtain we have IP address for your hosting that will not change. So in this case, DSL will have dynamic IP address (where it changes from day to day or week to week) but all hosting from Xisto (and Xisto Corp services) will have dedicated Ip addresses for particular hosting services. As of this post, Xisto's hosting IP address is 64.69.46.210. And this will not change.Shared IP address is another issue. But I don't think that's what you're asking here.