xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arnz

Can It Be Love Without Meeting?

Over the years of chat or posting on message boards, I've noticed that some people across the boards and rooms have a tendancy to use the love and long term relationship and in rare cases marriage without actually meeting.So my debate is it possible for a particular couple to plan a lifetime commitment if they havent met yet, and what if they meet and they have nothing (in common or other things). As many of us have found, what happens online and on the phone is really quite different to real life. Pretty much most of the time.

In many ways I do believe you can love someone before actually meeting them. My reason:You may talk to them on phone or computer and share many of the same interests and views in life and may lead things differently then you would if you were to start talking in person first. But I have found by talking to someone online that lives in the same city as I do that you can find out more about each other then sitting with them in person.

that is a nice question. in ourdays it's very common to meet people online and you're wrigth many of them use love and try to criate a relationship. i think you can meet nice people online and have good talks and get to know someone first on the inside without even looking to the outside. but the problem is that as we know,many people lie in the web and also a person in real life is very different then the ilusion we create online. so i think it's nice to meet people and try to know them better and maybe even consider them as a possible future but before you comit yourself try to meet them and be with them in real life and date for a while so you can test the relation and see if it has a future,a real one.

Well I don't believe that it is possible for a long term agreement to be reached over a forum or any other device online. But you say "What if they meet and they have nothing in common"Clearly if they agree to a relationship or marriage online then they will have talked for a very long time and I'm sure that they would have something in common. In order for this kind of relationship to exist from just online chat, I am sure that they would have had a very close bond online which is why they are consenting to a relationship before even meeting one another...

I think you can have something with another person without meeting, but actually love? No. There are various things that make one love another that is impossible to find out without hanging around eachother. Smell of the hair, feel of skin, someones kiss, touch feel.. it does not have to be sex, just the feeling that person is around you. This is not the only thing that makes love possible, it's a -part- of it! Combination of all these things you can develop about the other on the internet, with things internet cant help you with, like the touch and the feeling ofsomeone creates de feeling you can be certain that you love that person unconditionally.Thats what I think, You need to bee around the person you love, or it will just go away. Thats just the way it goes, thats just human.I could never fall in love with some one, but I don't say I can never feel something for the other person I'm chatting, emailing with. If you have many things in common with the other person, and he's like in first sight the man you have dreamed about all the time...ofcourse you will feel something that looks like true love, but I think thats just an image you create and want. A fantasy. Fantasy stays fantasy and will never (or only in rare conditions ) be reality.

It's all a load of bullsmack. People aren't themselves online, and that's that. The only people that do this wake up one day and realize they're married to a fat boring slob that they met over the internet.The only people that claim they have a real relationship going online either: -Have an IQ Below 80or-Are 10 years old

Edited by TheArrow (see edit history)