xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Snake-Bite

Can I Install Phpbb2 / 3 On Here?

Both IPB and phpBB can be installed no problem here at Xisto. The only thing to warn you about is to make sure you have a legal version of IPB, or you are likely to have your hosting terminated. As long as you buy a copy from the IPB site then that should be fine. phpBB is fine as it is free anyway, both version 2 and 3, although remember v3 is a Beta and not exactly secure and operational.As for which to choose, they both work, so it is down to personal preference and whether you want to pay for IPB or go free with phpBB.

You can install any forum software on Xisto, as long as it is legal. We have a special script in the site manager called Fantastico where you can install phpBB forums instantly, so you may like to choose phpBB.Personally, I'd like to say IPB is better, however I must warn you that it is now illegal to have IPB 2.0 or higher forums without paying for them. And versions before 2.0 are not allowed here due to most of those versions having been hacked into.

However you can get a few free copies of IPB. Versions 1.3.1 and below are all legal to use for free. (Thats what invisionfree and other free forum providers use)

Yes. As long as it's legal version of IPB(payed). Keepin' it short, these guys already answered you.Closed.