xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

Random Password Generator (updated With New Features) Program I Made For Passwords

Well I got bored last night during the 6 hour trip from New York to New Hampshire so I decided I mine as well make a program I could use. (Although I started it in last 20 minutes of ride). Anyway I created a Random Password Generator that allows you to choose how many characters long you would like it to be, and it will create a password of numbers, letters (upper and lower case) of however long you would like. It then has a copy and paste button. Please tell me what you think. By the way this is only for windows. Of course this probably has been done but oh well. Here is the link...

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edit:

Now able to save the password to a text file and has a help file explaining what to do.

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)

Hey, I downloaded it and it is very clever. I would have a hard time remembering the random results at my age. But, if one needs to change passwords frequently for security purposes, it would be very handy. Just copy and paste into your password change option at the site and paste it also in your records somewhere so you will have it until you need to change it again. The randomness of it makes it very difficult for a hacker to break since there is no connection to words and/or names. Keep up the clever work. :ph34r: Maybe you should put your exe file in a zip with a text file explanation of how to use it. <_<

Got it again!

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Thank you for your issue,I have found this program for many time,but I couldn't find one.This program is a nice one.For now I don't have to take a long time to think about the password I should use.Good job,keep going.I like it a lot.

Well Mich I was going to make it so you could save it to your computer but then anyone who uses it can find your passwords. Sorry if it didn't explain itself much I tried the best I could. Thanks for the comments, by the way you should probably write down the password so you won't forget it.

Sorry if it didn't explain itself much I tried the best I could.

You explained it on here just fine. I meant if people should pass it on to others, it would have it's own directions included. Just a suggestion, not a criticism. <_< You are right not to have it save to your puter. Edited by Mich (see edit history)

That's actually really small but clever. Kudos to you. You could add an option to save the generated password as a .txt file so you open it in notepad. * Saves To Desktop *

If you don't mind me asking, what program did you use to create that application and could you recommend any good tutorials for it?

You explained it on here just fine. I meant if people should pass it on to others, it would have it's own directions included.

Ya I know but I meant in the actual program but I realize what you are saying now. I can make a menu bar on top that will have a help section I guess or something like that.

That's actually really small but clever. Kudos to you. You could add an option to save the generated password as a .txt file so you open it in notepad. * Saves To Desktop *

Ya the more I think about it the more I think I should put that in there for an extra addition in case someone wants it.

If you don't mind me asking, what program did you use to create that application and could you recommend any good tutorials for it?

I made this in Visual Basic 6. This program is hard to find to buy for cheap but I got it for free from my brother's school. It really is cool once you get the coding down and whatever you don't know you can find out on Google. I remember a while back looking for tutorials over at http://www.pixel2life.com/

I made this in Visual Basic 6. This program is hard to find to buy for cheap but I got it for free from my brother's school. It really is cool once you get the coding down and whatever you don't know you can find out on Google. I remember a while back looking for tutorials over at http://www.pixel2life.com/

Kk, thanks. Probably be a birthday present - 24 days <_<

I think you shouldn't save it to Destop.While you have the spyware on your computer,they could steal your password as well.My recommend is you can save it into your flash memory,so they can not steal your password,if your computer infected spyware .Even when you get virus,you also can save your password to avoid losing it.

Alright guys I added some new features. You can now save the password to a text file. It is like a regular program you can choose where you would like to save the file. It also now has a help section in which it explains exactly what to do. I hope you enjoy it and please let me know if you have any more ideas for me. I plan on continuing the program and add better graphics in it and more features if needed.

I also changed the link on the top of the page because I added a download system to the website. http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by Plenoptic (see edit history)