xisto Community
vietonline

Gmail $500 Cash Prize? Real or scam?

hey anyoneHas onyone gotten this email.I just got this ,It tells me that I have won $500 cash prize at random and gmail will transfer it to my paypal account.But when I click on the link in my email,it take me to the page that I can put my paypal account ,my name and get the money,but unfortunately,I'm not a premium gmail game account,so it again tells me to sign up for premium gmail game account which cost money.It also tells me that I have to use E-gold account to buy premium gmail game account which I don't have one.When I try to use paypal account to buy it ,then they force me to pay through E-gold account.Is this a scam?Can anyone tell me anything about this?Ps. When I look at their email address.I saw their email address is admin@gmail.com which never exist.Because I try to reply it ,my email doesn't go through.And I check it again I see the gmail address never exist less than 6 letters.So what's going on here?

It sounds like a scam to me. Since when does google give $500 away at random. You probably just verified that your email account exists and now will recieve even more spam. It is very easy to use other people's email addresses in the from line of an email.

lol.. if it's really google. .then i'm sure they will anounce it to everything.. .And for what reason did they say for the award?.. randoml 500 give away without any signup sounds a scam to me.. lol ANd what the heck is premium gmail game account. Google doesn't have any game server ... lol. .and gmail is in beta.. why would they start charging people money?.. besides... google is supposed to be a free for all company.. they would never charge people money for using their program..

thank you for your comment.I have searched around,and like you I didn't see any game server from google.For now,i'm sure that it is really scam.I hope anyone doesn't make a mistake like me.again thank you very much.

hey anyoneHas onyone gotten this email.I just got this ,It tells me that I have won $500 cash prize at random and gmail will transfer it to my paypal account.But when I click on the link in my email,it take me to the page that I can put my paypal account ,my name and get the money,but unfortunately,I'm not a premium gmail game account,so it again tells me to sign up for premium gmail game account which cost money.It also tells me that I have to use E-gold account to buy premium gmail game account which I don't have one.When I try to use paypal account to buy it ,then they force me to pay through E-gold account.

Is this a scam?Can anyone tell me anything about this?

Ps. When I look at their email address.I saw their email address is admin@gmail.com which never exist.Because I try to reply it ,my email doesn't go through.And I check it again I see the gmail address never exist less than 6 letters.So what's going on here?

its a scam... lots of people are trying to take advantage with gmail since its newer and has had a-lot less spam so when a email that looks like maybe spam or may legit, you get interested, becasue you hadn't ever gotten something like it before through gmail... but yes it is a scam

It sounds like a scam to me. Since when does google give $500 away at random. You probably just verified that your email account exists and now will recieve even more spam. It is very easy to use other people's email addresses in the from line of an email.

Exactly. DO NOT REPLY OR RESPOND to mails that looks or sounds "spammy". Doing so will let the spammers know that your email is active and will undoubtly flood you with more and more spam mails.

It is surely a scam. Gmail wouldn't send you emails like that and why would they even give away 500 $ just like that? If there even was a prize like that there would be a link to an official Google subpage in the mail where you would get full info.

Well, hopefully you didnt enter your paypal password or credit card number. If it brought you to the "Paypal" site, you might have been phished. You should look into Phishing and protection against it.

lol.. if it's really google. .then i'm sure they will anounce it to everything.. .And for what reason did they say for the award?.. randoml 500 give away without any signup sounds a scam to me.. lol ANd what the heck is premium gmail game account. Google doesn't have any game server ... lol. .and gmail is in beta.. why would they start charging people money?.. besides... google is supposed to be a free for all company.. they would never charge people money for using their program..