xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
roxxy

Get Listed In Msn

MSN is one of the most popular and growing Search Engine. It may bring a large number of visitors to your site. Million of visitors use MSN to get to get their desired result. It is not hard to get listed in MSN. You have to submit your URL such as http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to MSN add URL page. It generally takes 4 weeks to get listed in MSN. At first MSN will crawl few pages of your site then will cover all of your pages gradually. To get listed more quickly and cover all pages you should follow some SEO technique.

MSN may be a popular site, and may crawl the site quickly. But IMO, it is far behind in google in regard to quality and substance. But then again, if you wanted a page to be on search engines quickly, MSN, or to some extent the old inktomi base (through Yahoo) would do the job.

The only thing with msn is i dont actually know how popular it is for users. Personally i dont touch msn because it annoys me so damn much with the incorrect URL redirection in IE. Probably personal preference with no backing but i much prefer google and i would list my site in google over MSN any day!

I don't think msn is behind google for quality search results. google's pr system stops newer sites getting listed in the serps even though their more relevant. msn doesn't have this problem.