xisto Community
delivi

Memory Trick To Speedup Windows Xp

Well if you had a backup of the registry that wouldn't happen.

Fiddiling with the registery is dangerous. Please, please backup your registry before trying to change anything within it. To back up the registry open Registry editor (Open Run from the start menu and then type regedit), click on file and then click on export. Select a folder and then give the file a name, I would reccomend to include the time and date of the back up so they are orgainized. I would reccomend making a folder in My Documents or on your Desktop for Registry backups.

well... I would try it, but only if I was getting a new computer and I had allready transfered all the files I still wanted... other than that... this is probably really awesome...

I know, I only ever touch the registry when ABSOLUTELY necessary (and sometimes not :)) and admittedly, I have never done anything wrong, I would still exercise extreme caution when going into it.

How to Allocate more cpu and/or more memory to an applicationMemory Trick To Speedup Windows Xp

At work I have XP Pro on a 3GHz, 3GB desktop. An MS Access 2003 app I wrote runs in 8 minutes but only uses 10-15% of CPU  & 475 MB Page File (per Task Manager). Is there any way of increasing those settings for MS Access (or for any other app for that matter) with the hope of improving execution time?

-reply by CarlosUrbina