xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

New Gmail Features

There are at least two new features that are making their way to Gmail accounts near you. The source code for Gmail confirms both of these features, but for most people the variable enabling them is set to "false".

The first feature is one that lets users delete all their spam with a single click. Previously, to delete all your spam, you had to "select all", "delete", "select all", "delete", etc. until you had gone through all the pages of your spam. Now there will be a "Delete all spam" link that should significantly cut down on the time it would normally take.

d=(g?u("Delete all spam messages now","dal" ,true):"")

The second one that was just discovered today is the ability to create filters and apply them to existing messages. For most people, when you create a filter it only acts on new messages that come in, but leaves old ones untouched. This feature will help current users keep their mail organized, and give new users some time to ease into their account without worrying about creating filters right away. Google Operating System has a list of things you can do with this new feature.

<label style=font-weight:normal for=mtr>"+("Also apply filter to "+("<b>"+(V[3]+" conversations</b> below")))+"</label>

Source: Googling Google Blog Read more here

Very nice, I ahve used my gmail addy for as long as I've been at Xisto I think, and my email has been spread all over the web on forums etc. When I open my mailbox there will be at least 20 spam mails in my spam box every day, and deleting them takes pretty much work. Very good that Google is adding a delete all button because I was getting desperate. <_<Also, it was pretty irritating that filters only worked on newly received mails, I see this going to be fixed by Google now, how great Google is. Another blow to the competition I would say?

My GMAIL Spam stat : Spam (35721)as on,Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) Sunday, 9 July 200623:36:33 / 11:36:33 p.m.My point : Thank you Google for delete-all spam feature <_<

GMail has been made available free for the users of Australia and New Zealand. There is no need for any Invitations for people in these countries to get a new GMail account. Hoping that Google will make GMail availabe free in other countries too.