xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Refeshing The Shoutbox

is it just me, or is the automatic refresh rate in the shoutbox not working?the other day i left for an hour and a half, and came back and i saw the message i said saying "Bye"... i refreshed the page, and there were two pages of shouts betwen the time i was looking at it and the Bye....

I have disabled it. Consider members opening 10 windows simultaneously to answer to topics. They forget to close them later and the shoutbox keeps refreshing in all of them :-)

I, personally, like it disabled. When it was enabled, it would sometimes make my computer lag a bit (i have an old computer :)).

hmm, sorry for double posting, but recently the shoutbox was re-installed, and i think that maybe someone forgot to disable to refreshing automaticly? because it is refreshing automaticly again and i just figure that you want to save bandwith still :) i dont know though

Ya I noticed that as well but you know I won't complain lol if you changed your mind. Although I sometimes leave a window open if I leave temporarily but I don't open more than one window unless reporting a post because it makes things confusing otherwise.