xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandon10092

Apple Ipod Vs. Microsft Mp3 Player

it depends in what the consumer like, some ones prefers the ipod, its small andits cool, but with the windows one its diferent.Ithink that the ipod is a classic, and that microsoft try to steal marcket of apple

Well my vote is for Apple Ipod ..I really like the way they look and work .. in fact I bought one because it does everything I need like play videos and music , I had an Microsoft MP3 player, which I did like, however, in my personal opinion an iPod is so much more versatile and compact than any mp3 player i have ever seen.. I like using a scroll wheel to scroll through songs instead of up and down arrows. :) hehehe..I don't see how I lived without one for so long!

The only good thing I can see from all this scenario is that they'll lower the damn prices...At last, something that can antagonize Ipods and make them lower their prices for the sake of not losing their market share...I mean, I don't really know a lot of people who do have the money to buy the last version...Plus, it's gonna mean that more money will be put for research and thus we'll get new features, better features in less time...I have to wonder, how much money will be put to advertise this stuff...

No offence, but if it comes from microsoft, it probably sucks. Microsoft, in my opinion, do anything they possibly can to generate profit. Their strategy is to compete with any other successful product and try to outdo (and eventually kill) it. Look at what they did to Netscape and Mac, among other things. I believe that it is important to realise that there are other companies out there who have products that are just as good, if not better, than microsoft's offerings. The iPod is one example. Apple came up with the idea. It was with their blood and toil that iPods are now so successful. What right does Micro$oft have to come and kill it in its greed for extra profit? True, iPods have their problems and Apple is probably too stingey, but they came up with the original idea, and they worked hard to make iPods as successful as they are today, and they deserve the credit (and money) for it.

I like the looks of Microsofts new player, but I think its just going to be way to hard for them to earn any of the market. The Ipod is way to dominate right now, so many people know what it is. You could go up to anyone on the street and ask them "what is an ipod?" and they would be able to tell you, "a little white Mp3 player". I dont know if you could say the same for the Zune, it is not as widely known, and is going to take some time before the public becomes familiar with it. Pretty good idea for Microsoft to step in and try to take some of the monopoly that Apple has created, but it won't be easy for them.

No offence, but if it comes from microsoft, it probably sucks.

:rolleyes::):rolleyes:

Well, a lot of people seem to share this opinion now, dont they!!!

If you would ask me, Id probably for the iPod. Why?

1) The latest iPod is a massive 80gb big... thats endless hours of music, lots of movies (they support full movies as well if im not wrong) and countless pics, all in one pocket device!!! Now thats impressive!!!

2) The sound quality of iPods is one of the best around (just check any high tech magazine, like https://www.wired.com/ or http://www.t3.com/. Most magazines give it top ratings.

3) The Zune is 30gb big (correct me if im wrong) and last months t3 mentioned that it was priced approximately the same as the 80gb ipod!!!!

4) The wifi connection feature is cool, but would you prefer that over an extra 50gb? Plus you cannot trasfer songs wirelessly, but only playlists (good -and expected- move to fight music piracy and illegal file transfers though)!!! So is it REALLY worth it?

Yeh, lucky for me my very first Ipod which was a 20gb non video ipod was stolen out of my car, so instead of me buying another one my mom bought one since she was the one who left the doors unlocked (retard). I had only had the ipod for about a month and they already came out with the video Ipod about a week after I got mine for the exact same price + 10 extra GB. So after it got stolen my mom bought me the new 30GB video ipod, about a month later I hear about the new Microsoft mp3 player coming out, it seemed really cool and now I think I might rather have that one than the Ipod. It just seems like everytime I get something new, a week later, something even better for the same price or maybe a little more comes out with tons more features and storage. It is really starting to piss me off but I guess theres nothing you can do about it, I just wish that it was like the PSP and you could get updates regularly instead of buying a whole new mp3 player, I think the least they can do is let you send it in so they can install the new hardware, and if the new stuff costs a little more and you want it, I think you should be able to pay the difference to get it installed.

I have also read a lot about (and even gotten my hands on) the new Microsoft Zune. In my opinion I think it is a poor attempt for Microsoft to try to enter the portable music market. The center circle is very tricky to use as a beginner, and like or not the interface is distracting. I like the idea of a music network that ustilizes Wi-Fi, but you can only sample a song for 3 days before your forced to pay for a download. The Zune is only getting high publicity, i think, because it is a new Microsoft product. The Ipod is still the dominating force in portable music by a long shot, and it will take a VERY big, new innovation to knock it off its pedestal. I'm going to stick with Ipod on this one guys, but I won't count Microsoft out yet (you never really can). Once it gets a better understanding of what consumers want in an Mp3 player, it probably going to blow the music market wide open. Then again maybe they should just stick to PCs...

No, just no.Microsoft should stay with PC's. iPods have already become too mainstream. They are the normal and are in too many households for microsoft to even stand a chance. I may be biased, as I am an iPod fan. But since iPods are already able to sync with a Windows product, I don't think the Zune will go far.

No, just no.
Microsoft should stay with PC's. iPods have already become too mainstream. They are the normal and are in too many households for microsoft to even stand a chance. I may be biased, as I am an iPod fan. But since iPods are already able to sync with a Windows product, I don't think the Zune will go far.

I disagree with you there when Microsoft went in to the video games market with the xbox everyone was saying the same thing to much people had ps2 and seeing those facts they thought the xbox was not going to be a hit and it is with xbox live and with the classic game halo which really put xbox on the map. The Zune is just version 1 when the new one comes out i guarantee that it would have so much features that the ipod will be something of the pass.

Hmm... Microsoft says a lot of things like this. I am an Ipod person, I love them too. If Microsoft are going to release this, with Wi-Fi and all I think it is turning into more of a PDA. Have they released any pictures? I would think it would be quite bulky if they are going to put all these extra features into it. Also Ipods have become some sort of fasion aswell, with the little socks aswell :P.

Edited by Shining (see edit history)

hello! i stand for Apple Ipod , i got a 30 GB apple video ipod and i dont find any disadvantages in that including security , moreover the accessories available for the Ipod is really cool.