xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mahesh2k

Wordpress Upgrade Makes Increase In Disk Space

Hi,there i have upgraded the wordpress to 2.0.3 from fantastico control panel.This increased the disk space of my web space.Now with every upgrade, disk space will be increased.How can i delete the old backup or reduce the size of the disk space?Please help.Thanks in advance.

How much space did it increase by? If it was only a small amount then that is just the size of the Wordpress engine and theres not a lot you can do about that. If it doubled then you have installed 2 copies. Did you choose to install Wordpress to a different folder or something? If you did then just delete the version you are no longer using. Just remember to always take a backup, just in case!

Hmm i installed wordpress in my default folder the previous was 3.42 MB and now it is 5.27 mb HUGE INCREASE in size.is thre any chance i can delete the backup that holds the space?what will happen?

If you make a backup of your hosting to your own computer (there's a button for this in cPanel) then delete the backup on your hosting account and see what happens. If it wrecks the whole thing then just upload your backup from your PC. Deleting the backup should have no effect on the Wordpress install as long as you know what you are doing.