xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Madkat-Z

Css Scrollbars In Firefox?

change the scroll look on a div, not the whole browser window. Css Scrollbars In Firefox?

I think changing the browser controls is not user-friendly and not W3C standard as we all know by now. But what if I have a div embedded in my page, say a box that is 400 by 300 and I fill it with some content but the content needs to be scrollable, like this box I'm typing in. If there is a way to customize THAT scroll bar only, that would be ideal and match a user's site. This is done a lot in Flash but I am looking for a way to do it with css/html. 

-reply by Jbel

It's good that Chrome and Firefox don't support that. I mean , if it was a cool feature , it would take 2-3days to implement it , its nothing special.

That's so fake , a website to be able to control your own GUI. Lets say , you did a cool Windows 7 theme , with some cool patterned scrollbars , and a website is changing them. What a fail.

However , you can mimic the scrollbars with JavaScript. Create a DIV for scrollbar and make it control overflow of a element. You can style the scrollbar with a background color or image :)