xisto Community
Advent_Author

Efiction would it work on trap17

I was just wondering if the eFiction script could be put on Xisto foums, there are specific requirements for the eFiction script:-access to a MySQL database-PHP 4.1-ability to CHMOD (edit permissions/attributes)-at least 2mb of webspace (for the main installation)is all this included with Xisto?

yes it would fit... unfortunatly it does >_<if you have package one you have 20mb of space i believe 99 Mysql Databasesand if you get package two of the free webhosting, you get 150mb of space and 99 Mysql Databses, basicly unlimited Mysql Databases, because who would use 99?and the php version for all of Xisto's free webhosting is 4.4.2 so i guess its good! lol

And the Server is a Linux machine running Apache, so the chmod function for the account files and directories is available, unlike a Windows Server...

lol, it really makes a differense as to what Operating system it is running?if its windows, you cant CHMOD anything anyway? and if its linux you can?

That would be about right, Windows does not have a system of permissions. That does not necessarily imply that stuff won't work - I've run phpBB, for instance, on many WAMP servers and they run just fine. Just ignore every CHMOD instruction. I cannot comment about the security of such a system because I haven't had the time to look it up, I use Windows very rarely myself. Should be worth checking on, though. <_<