xisto Community
cwalden

How To Create Self-unzipping Files for beginners

This tutorial is based on winzip 10.0 (but it should work on other versions).

Create or open the file you would like unzipped.

Now, on the Actions menu, click make .exe file.

A popup box should popup. Click ok.

Now in the popup box that appears, type in the default folder that the program will unzip to.

Press ok.

Now another popup will tell you if you want to test the file, click yes.

Now click ok again in the box that appears.

Now press unzip.

If it says - files unzipped succsessfully! Click ok and pat your self on the back! You have created the self-zipping file!

Close all the winzip windows.

If you find this useful, please P.M. me.

yes, that is what you do with this tutorial, basicly, you are making an installation (.exe) file, so when you click it, it will automaicly un-zip itself, instead of having to figure out how to do it on your own...

An easy way to make an auto-installer/unzipped file is to select all your files and folders and make it a ZIP file And from this zip convert it to EXE, these options are included in WinZIP/WinRAR and are so easy that anybode can use it without any difficulty.

That should come in real handy once I have to send compressed files to my friends who are neither computer savy nor want to add on the extra burden of installing (and learning how to use) winzip. Trust me, they really don't like computers and would much prefer things to be as simple as 'click and go'.

Thanks so much, I help with a psp portal (offline webpages that look like windows xp that are accessed through the psps internet browser and will not harm your psp and is not homebrew, visit pspwxp.co.nr for more information)But people always have problems, with this theyll just click it and all will be good, thanks so much!

Dear cwalden i have winrar how i can make installer ( Self-unzipping ) for rar file ?

thanks

Follow these steps for winrar.

Change the file/folder you would like to make self-unzipper(self extracting) to .rar format.

Now, open that .rar file.

Now click on SFX or open "Tools" and click "Convert archive to SFX".

Now in the popup box that appears, click on "Advanced SFX options".

Give the default path you want to extract the files.

Give title of SFX window, the text you want to display. Also if you have any license to show and all those stuffs you want to show.

Hit "OK" twice.

Close all the winrar windows and it's all done.

Isn't it simple.

That should come in real handy once I have to send compressed files to my friends who are neither computer savy nor want to add on the extra burden of installing (and learning how to use) winzip. Trust me, they really don't like computers and would much prefer things to be as simple as 'click and go'.

but remember if you are sending files over internet with e-mail, some (well most) e-mail providers delete files with .exe extensions (gmail doesn't even give you the opportunity to send .exe files in ZIP file) beacouse of possible self-executing virus once file has been downloaded on computer...