xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imacul8

Disabled Inactive Accounts

Well theres another thing that makes this website/hosting so damn good!Instead of just removing a hosting account its just temporarily disabled till u get ur credits back up which is a great thing because i havent been able to get online for ages which has been a real pain! And i was worried about my hosting cause if it was just straight out removed then i would have lost all my files, etc aswell ;)but thanx to this awesome hosting all i need to do is stay active again and it all comes back, YAY! :)

The files stay on the server for 30 days only, then they get deleted if you haven't reactivated your account.Regardless, keep backup copies of your files and data in a secure place just in case *something* happens. One idea is for you to email a zip file to a friend and have them save the file for you. Then, if something happens to your machine, they have the file. Or email them to your gmail account as a zip file.

Wow... emailing them to my gmail account. I didn't think about that before. I've kept backups on my local machine, and I have a fairly recent copy on my external hard drive as well, but I'll be sure to send one to my gmail account (I hope it's not too big) because I think that is a great idea.As for loving the fact that this site offers a 30 day 'grace' period on your account, I've used it many times, and am so happy that all I've had to do to get back up and running is post more. It helps a ton when you are busy and don't realise that you've run out of credits.

The files stay on the server for 30 days only, then they get deleted if you haven't reactivated your account.

But will one receive an e-mail stating that your account's file will be deleted because I could be in a real bad situation and can't post. So will one be e-mailed before his/her files are wiped clean?

No email notifiacation occurs for suspensions or terminations. It is the member's responsibility to be aware of their credit status and post accordingly. The servers admins and mods are busy doing other stuff and really don't have time to send out email notices.

I think you should keep your credits over 20 to preven **something** from happening.I just got my site suspended because my credits went below 3 but it is OK now. I will go for 25 -> 30 Credits :)Your hosting account will be deleted if your credits go below -30 so if **something** happened , go to the Caf? then take time to post.:P

I have always said thisThe best solution would be to come to the forum on a daily basis, post some interesting stuff and not worry about the credits. I was astounded to find out that my credits have already reach past 100. And I only registered 24 days ago, amazing isn't it?