xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
areawe

Adding Another Domain

you can park the domain using the Park Domain feature listed in your cpanel, you must have bought the domain as well ad pointed its name servers towards Xisto.. whenever someone goes to that domain it will instantly take them to the website....omy, my bad i didn't realize this was Xisto - Web Hosting support >_< i do suppose the Cpanel is the same for all of them, so that should still work out for ya! but then again maybe theres a way that you can make ________.com your domain as well as ______+______.com your domain :)

Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

you can park the domain using the Park Domain feature listed in your cpanel, you must have bought the domain as well ad pointed its name servers towards Xisto.. whenever someone goes to that domain it will instantly take them to the website....
omy, my bad i didn't realize this was Xisto - Web Hosting support >_< i do suppose the Cpanel is the same for all of them, so that should still work out for ya! but then again maybe theres a way that you can make ________.com your domain as well as ______+______.com your domain :)

Thanks for the quick reply! I don't know if I want it parked. What does that mean? I do have that feature but is says it needs to be enabled by support. I want to add a new domain name. For example newdomainname.com Do I have to pay another 3.33 per month and go through setting up a new account? I'd rather have it all hosted under one account. Thanks!

oh, do NOT take my word for it, but i do not believe they will let you just add another domain like that, they would only let you park the domain...

there should be two options in the cpanel: PARKED DOMAINS and ADDON DOMAINS.the basic difference is that parked domains will point to the original site hosted on your hosting space. let's say you originally have domain.com, and you parked your newly-bought domain.net -- domain.net will show the same content as that of domain.com. the URL gets passed on in the viewer's browser, and is useful when you are protecting your online brand for example. so even if you parked domain.net, domain.org, domain.info (or any other extension), it gives the same website content as domain.com.an addon domain on the other hand, will create a new subdirectory for you and point your domain.net to that subdirectory. in that subdirectory, you can create a new site altogether, totally apart from domain.com -- but still on the same hosting space.there should be similar topics on this regard. check the links below, or search the forums with parked and addon domains as keywords.

there should be two options in the cpanel: PARKED DOMAINS and ADDON DOMAINS.
the basic difference is that parked domains will point to the original site hosted on your hosting space. let's say you originally have domain.com, and you parked your newly-bought domain.net -- domain.net will show the same content as that of domain.com. the URL gets passed on in the viewer's browser, and is useful when you are protecting your online brand for example. so even if you parked domain.net, domain.org, domain.info (or any other extension), it gives the same website content as domain.com.

an addon domain on the other hand, will create a new subdirectory for you and point your domain.net to that subdirectory. in that subdirectory, you can create a new site altogether, totally apart from domain.com -- but still on the same hosting space.

there should be similar topics on this regard. check the links below, or search the forums with parked and addon domains as keywords.

thanks for the info! It looks like I might have to buy another 3.33 package? Not sure. Could support please let me know? Thanks!

thanks for the info! It looks like I might have to buy another 3.33 package? Not sure. Could support please let me know? Thanks!

it depends if you really want another 3.33 package. ;) but if you think your existing package can still accommodate the requirements of your site (space and bandwidth), with the addition of a new domain (and with a different set of uploads and traffic if it's an ADDON), then that's what PARKED DOMAINS and ADDON DOMAINS features in cpanel are for. :)

or... you could do one in the same, submit a ticket, and post here maybe you will get a faster answer from one... :)

problem resolved. closed.