xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Panzer

Italy Defeated Germany In The Soccer Match!

Woohoo.I watched the game early this morning (6am local time) and it was a goodie. Probably the best game played in the world cup so far. The first 90 minutes went by, still no goals scored. Lehmen( German goalie) made some terrific saves and kept his team well in it. The Italian goalie also made some good saves, respect to an Italian defender (his name sounds like demovarra, the type of coffee sugar) if it werent for him the Italians would have been 3 goals down.Anyway the 90mins went by, then the first extra time. About 7 mins from the end of the second extra time Italy scored!!!! It was a great set up. 3 man attack. 4 men defence + goalieThe Italian attackers were lined up in a diagonal from the outside box left corner to the inside box right corner. They passed it, beating the 4 defenders. Totti (italian striker) struck it, it curved pass lehman (german goalie) and straight into the goal!!!!!!So the Germans went on all out attack, they got close to scoring. The Italians got hold of the ball, AND SCORED ANOTHER !!!!Excellent defence by both teams and both were very close to scoring alot of times.I cant wait for the Portugal France match :);):( :( B)

Notice from mayank:
Please note that the topic description has to be descriptive, next fault will lead to warning

that was really unexcpected.. i thought germany was going to win it all because they were playing so well throughout the whole tournament except this game, their offense waas just not getting it done. Their defense played well until that last minute of the game. Both teams played awesome defense..but i hated to see germany go :). But it was a good goal from italy, the first one... very nice shot. Im hoping France wins it all now. i didn't really think the italian team would make it this far on how they palyed in the group, but they have stepped it up. Playing like Champs now. can't wait to see the finals!

It indeed was a good match, fast paced and fun to watch, but ever since the beginning the Germans were the loosing team, they got surprised by Italy's aggresiveness in the beginning and although they had their strong moments, throughout the whole match the Italian players moved a lot more across the field, by keeping the fast pace up they drained the German players, who usually save their breath for the last 15 to 20 minutes. When Italy started into the overtime with an additonal striker, I knew they would win, the germans were pretty much unable to do anything in overtime, beaten by their own tactics. Persoanlly I think that the Germans gave up control of this game to easily and the italians were the better team, on the other hand if Germany would've held out a few more minutes for penalty kicks they would've won, luckily I didn't happen hehe

Posted Image

(translation: Without Germany to Berlin) :)

Germany were never going to win that match or the world cupunless it went to pens. Italy really could win the thing now. goodto see what looks like americans comments though.

It was a really good game but i thought it was quite cruel that italy took it like that in the dying seconds of the game. I would have also loved to have seen a pently shoot out that could have been really interesting to watch. Yeah i thought germany were going to take it in the end like italy did as they have done that with a few games already but it was a good game to watch hopefully the portugal france game is just as good tp watch but i do hope portugal wins tho.

Italy well deserved the 2-0 win against Germany. In fact, Germany was not a good team except that they enjoy the home crowd and as such they deserve to bow out like South Korea who as a host four years ago enjoyed the same luck and bowed out finally at the semi-finals. To be in the grand finals will only be fair for those who play really well and consistently. And I don't think Germany will come close to that. One thing we should remind ourselves is that Italy has so far conceded only one goal from the start of the world cup which is an amazing record. And that goal too was unfortunately their own goal. Except that there is no ball reaching beyond the goal keeper. Also, they hit goal post twice within 90 minutes. Germany also got enough opportunity but they wasted like England did when they faced Portugal. So, Italy deserves every bit of their win against Germany.Congrats Italy.!

I saw parts of the match, and from what I can see, Italy really could win the whole thing now. This is despite the controversial Final 16 match against the Aussies. The handful of true Australian soccer fanatics down (i dunno about the many bandwagon jumpers) here are muttering what could have been.