xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Blacklaser

What Do You Do To Increase Traffic On Your Site? Would like to hear some opinions

So, I have a few sites up and I wanted to know what you do to get traffic to your sites, what do you think is the best method to increase traffic?As you know there are lots of options out there: Search Engine Optimization, Banner exchange, traffic exchange, link exchange, and the list goes on... What is are your personal favorites? and do you only care about brute numbers or does the involvment of the visitor with your website actually matter to you (i.e. quantity versus quality)? How do you get the quality/quantity ratio as high as possible?I'd also appreicate it if you'd share what services are your favorites and how successful you've been and how much work you put into it.Just wanting to hear some opinions, thanks a lot!

I personally prefer the banner/link exchange. You just have to make sure that you find the right sites. Exchange links with sites that are similar to yours. Of course sometimes they won't accept you but if they don't they will eventually. You can become affiliates with some sites that are small and have a bit of potential to become big and help you out still. I think that if you can make it in with a few top dogs you should be ok to get started. Just make sure your site is complete in content and doesn't have broken links.

I build wap sites not web but same theory ok: add to your site a TOP LIST, guestbook/chat services (with links to your site on each book/room), register with two or three of the best top lists you can find, place a random ADVERT at top of your site showing one of this top list links each time... The list goes on an on.. Have a links sections and encourage others to also have links section and exchange many many links but only put inside another page or it will get messy. Try to make a service of anything you can code but think others may struggle with ;-) ps add your site to any free search engine submissions you can find ;-)

thanks, this really helped me. i am looking to increase traffic on my site( once i get it up on the new server) if you wanna see it, its at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ . but its not up yet. it will be soon :)

improve your web site ranking in the search engine to get the new users, you can do something in the meta name in the http syntax to gain more chance to be found.
keep update and maintain your website to keep the users
Edited by lche90 (see edit history)

the best way to increase traffic on your site is to advertise on other websites of similar type. because if they are visiting that site and your site is similar then they might like to visit your site. it will take time to get traffic like i am currently trying to do with my site but they will eventually come if you have money and time. you also should get your site onto google and other search engines. its not always that easy to get your site onto google but it will pay of trust me! put ads on your site so you can afford to pay for ads on other sites.

So, I have a few sites up and I wanted to know what you do to get traffic to your sites, what do you think is the best method to increase traffic?
As you know there are lots of options out there: Search Engine Optimization, Banner exchange, traffic exchange, link exchange, and the list goes on... What is are your personal favorites? and do you only care about brute numbers or does the involvment of the visitor with your website actually matter to you (i.e. quantity versus quality)? How do you get the quality/quantity ratio as high as possible?

I'd also appreicate it if you'd share what services are your favorites and how successful you've been and how much work you put into it.

Just wanting to hear some opinions, thanks a lot!

Well it's really up to you what option you want to use, but here are a few of my personal favorites. Engage in an active link / banner exchange program with a few prominent websites and make sure they put the link / banner with equivalent importance as you have places theirs on your website. For example: you place a huge banner to nytimes.com on your home page...just make sure they agree to do the same so both sites can benefit in the same way.

Try to get the word out, once all content and design issue have been addressed. Make sure the site is fully functional and begin to tell your friends, family and friends to check out what you have been doing up so late. If the content has quality they will immediately take to it and surely pass on the info to others. I find that tell people to personally check out a site and refer to other the a great method to get the word out. Usually they are amazed by your skills and and be a good friend to share the URL with others.

You can also go to local forums and not advertise your site, but post a quality post probably about an important news article or something and link the article to one on your site. So they will have a reason to visit it and while they rad, might as well they explore. At least they usually do.

Well there are certainly more options...but these are the ones i remember the most at the moment.