xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Ms Word To Have Blogging Support

The forthcoming version of Microsoft Word i.e. Office 2007 will allow users to publish blog postings directly from hte application. Bloggers who currently use Word to draft their posts experience trouble when they paste the text into online blog publishing tools because Word uses non-standard HTML Tags.

Source: digit Magazine, Jul. 06

So Microsoft also plans to make their applications more adaptive to the Web Centric Future. This type of web compatability can be soon seen in most of the popular applications.

This is in response to Google's highly web-based office duplicates (Spreadsheets and that other word-processing company they bought)Finally, Microsoft realized that the Internet IS the future... a connected world where you can access anything anywhere :)

They need more people to use their software when they realised competition from Open Office, Google and others. They don't want to lose their massive market share, so they implement those features the others don't have. Personally I don't think I would write blog articles from Word, as I just wouldn't want to lose my work half way through. Opera is a lot more stable and Wordpress has an autosave anyway, so why change?

This is a boon to the bloggers who can prepare the blog posts and then connect to the internet to post them. This consumes less bandwidth than posting a blog post online.

As always Micro$oft is trying to have their say in everythig in the world... If anyone has ever tried making a HTML page in Word, they know it has a tom of useless tags... And, as people move to broadband, more, and more, the need for offline editors is getting lower and lower... Micro$oft is just trying to make a few more people buy Word, and increase their capital...Snce I dumped Word a while ago, and switched to OpenOffice, I'm much happier... I don't think Micro$oft will bring anything new and sensational... Just a few hundred useless tags in your blog, probably a lot of hassle, and most likely, drain on yur pocket...

I think microsoft are wanting to pre-empt google on just about every category they can related to the net. They obviously want to become blogger's number one writing application to beat blogger.com .I think their riverly has become abit extream now. Google and msn go head to head now over little things.