xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
yellowhairedguy20

Wii Hd Should it have it?

Nintendo has decided not to make the Nintendo Wii High Definition Compatible. Do you think that should make it HD Compatible?I think that they shouldn't. Not many people use High Definition Televisions and it will just raise the cost of the system.

Not many people here in the UK have HD-Ready TV's, they're just so expensive at the moment for people to replace a perfectly working TV for a games console costing a few hundred quid. Adding HD would raise the cost, but perhaps they could do the same as Microsoft and make the HD cable available separately for those who want HD, which would mean it wasn't included in the price for those with a normal TV.

Not many people here in the UK have HD-Ready TV's, they're just so expensive at the moment for people to replace a perfectly working TV for a games console costing a few hundred quid. Adding HD would raise the cost, but perhaps they could do the same as Microsoft and make the HD cable available separately for those who want HD, which would mean it wasn't included in the price for those with a normal TV.

Yeah i agree they should atleast have as an add on a hd cable, but i guess this console is supposed to be cheap to attract customers, i mean im going to get one because they are rumored to be only Ł100 which is nothing compared to Xbox and ps3. But still i would like a hd cable all my non hd sockets on my tv are taken.

Ps does anyone know of a hdmi cable for the xbox 360?

High definition is slowly phasing into modern common use in home theatre systems across North America. It is only a matter of time with the dawn of Blu-Ray and HDDVD that HD T.V.'s will be the only ones available for purchase. Just wait. So, yes, I do think Wii should have HD support. However, since I think Nintendo has always and is simply a child-orientated company, I would never buy a Wii in my life.-Alex

I think that the wii will be a hit though because of its price tag, any half hearted gamer will get one if they do infact only cost ?100 and in reply to alexius it seems as though the wii will have less child orientated games mario etc

I dont think the Wii should be HD. (I live in North America) most people I think dont own an HD television. I mean, I do think that HD will eventually take over most homes, but currently they cost about #1000 or maybe, $800 for a pretty small one. Why would people want to replace fine working TVs they already have, with a tv that could just send them into debt? And nintendo is trying to do things that most people have, like most people dont have HD, and they did it with the GCN by not making it have internet connection.

I think at first that the name Revolution is better as Wii -.-But back on topic.Not many people use HD a said before. So I agree that they should not make it. Most people still got normal tv's not even flatscreen.So I think it is better for the price (and for the selling) that the should not make it HD compatible

Knuckles, did you bother reading the posts? At all?HD in the context of this topic means High Definition, not Hard Disc/Drive.IMO, I don't care, yes better graphics are better, yes it will be smooth to the people who do have High Definition TVs. But if you are looking for a game for it's graphics, don't go for the Wii. Not to mention, the Wii can't play DVDs. So it doesn't exactly need them.

yea, the wii doesn't need to be HD. It is not the purpose of the system. It is for people who want to play a great game and have fun doing it. Personally i am fine with the normal graphics on a regular t.v. Yea it is nice to have the HD t.v. but it is not needed, it is just an extra added feature.

"Well... most people don't own an HD TV"Ugh, I can't stand this argument. In the beginning, even I was against HD TV's, but they're becoming more and more attractive to me as the price drops. At this point, it won't be long before I take the plunge and buy one. And the rest of the world will soon do the same. So yes, if Nintendo was smart, they would have made the Wii support HD. But if they were smart, they would also give it more graphical power than an xbox. So if you're a graphics *BLEEP* like me, the lack of HD isn't a huge factor, because Wii games would look ugly even if they were in HD.

i totally agree. They don't need to have hd support now. But soon HD t.v.'s are going to be getting cheaper and more people are going to start buying them. So they should have just added the hd support for the future. But i guess they are just depending on their virtual game play and new controller design. I guess they felt the graphics weren't that important and they felt they didn't need hd support.