xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
cgrim29588

Unable To Publish Using Frontpage

I building me webpage in Frontpage and when I go to publish my web and enter the ftp address:ftp.skaterboarderzone.trap17.com.com I get the error message

"Could not find a webserver at ftp:skateboarderzone.trap17.com', please check to make sure that the webserver name is valid and your proxy settings are correctly. If you are sure that everything is correct, the web server may be temporarily out of service.

My frontpage extentions are enabled in Cpanel, so why am I getting this message? Any help would be appreciated.

Notice from serverph:
added quote tags as needed

double-check your FTP address, the username and the password you type in. something is apparently wrong with any of the above you entered in your frontpage ftp settings.

Are you sure you are publishing to the correct folder in your account? You need to put ALL files into the public_html folder of your account. Also, try to access FTP through a FTP software such as FirefTP, CuteFTP, SmartFTP, AceFTP 3 or some other FTP program. That might work better than FrontPage. If all else fails, type: ftp.skateboarderzone.trap17.com in the INTERNET EXPLORER or AVANT BROWSER or MAXTHON browsers. Firefox and other browsers other than those will not work. I don't think it will work with IE 7 also. Can you access cPanel, if not then your password is incorrect.

seems the working subdomain hosted at Xisto is:

skaterboarderzone.trap17.com

notice the "r" in red?

here is a screenshot of page found:

Posted Image

btw, wasn't the initial subdomain you have requested and approved this one: boardzillabbs.trap17.com --> (though this one doesn't seem to work)

your recent upgrade request for skaterboarderzone.trap17.com here has not been approved yet from the looks of it. though how it came to be working (based on the screenshot above) without prior approval beats me.

again, double-check... if not triple-check everything.

seems the working subdomain hosted at Xisto is:

skaterboarderzone.trap17.com

notice the "r" in red?

here is a screenshot of page found:

Posted Image

btw, wasn't the initial subdomain you have requested and approved this one: boardzillabbs.trap17.com --> (though this one doesn't seem to work)

your recent upgrade request for skaterboarderzone.trap17.com here has not been approved yet from the looks of it. though how it came to be working (based on the screenshot above) without prior approval beats me.

again, double-check... if not triple-check everything.

Yes I initally requested baordzillabbs.trap17.com, but I changed my mind after I requested it and didin't know how to change it. When I went though the final account creation process for the working subdomain, but I didn't recieve any error messages I don't know why I was created if it wasn't apporoved

so that explains it. :) you created and processed skaterboarderzone.trap17.com as your final account. anyway, we have now established your working subdomain. returning to your frontpage ftp problem: use the correct spelling of your working subdomain (skaterboarderzone.trap17.com) then tell us if it still is giving you the same problem. obviously you won't be able to access your account if you entered incorrect details.

your upgrade request for a bigger hosting space and bandwidth is what is denied for now. you have to earn more hosting credits as required, then re-apply for your upgrade request.

see if these old threads about FTP with FRONTPAGE can help you:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23026-ftp-error-with-frontpage-the-server-unexpectedly-closed-the-connection/

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/21551-need-help-uploading-frontpage-pages-can-anyone-helpe-me-please/

(take note of remarks with regards to uploading to public_html)

if that still can't help you, you may want to contact an admin to check if you have still the correct login information.

see if these old threads about FTP with FRONTPAGE can help you:

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/23026-ftp-error-with-frontpage-the-server-unexpectedly-closed-the-connection/

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/21551-need-help-uploading-frontpage-pages-can-anyone-helpe-me-please/

(take note of remarks with regards to uploading to public_html)

if that still can't help you, you may want to contact an admin to check if you have still the correct login information.

Thanks i'll try it i'll let you know if I can't still upload my site from Frontpage