xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matto

Driver! That oldschool Driver1 game

I have never played driver, and this is the first time ive ever heard of it.When did it come out, can it be downloaded free, and what is it about?

Driver1 cool game not that bad of graphics but cool, secong was Driver2 was great too, but it seems like the more they get into the better graphics they start to make some of the games a little but not cool, and make them rather borring and short.

I used to play driver all the time when i had a ps one. Then driver 2 came out and whats really funny that his shadow showed him holding a gun but you could never use it. Then when driv3r came out, you shoot people. Personally i like Driv3r three better,but its also like GTA so i'm sure Rockstar didnt like that.

Driver was a classic game, the first (to my knowledge) one to venture into 3-D that wasn't a purely racing. It is such a good game, still to this day one of my favorites. I didn't like driver 2, simply because I couldn't finish it :)

Yeah, I picked it up for like two dollars once at GameStop. I haven't really played it though. I did a little of the cruising no objective mode, but I couldn't stand how you couldn't get a new car unless you restart. The story mode was so hard back then, I didn't feel like bothering completing the first thing in the garage where you have to perform some moves without wrecking too much. But I'm older now so maybe I should go back and try it again. Sounds fun. However I did play Driver 2 a lot. I couldn't get too far in story mode, but I would play the cruising mode (I believe it was called Undercover?) for hours.I loved escaping from the police and switching cars. Haven't tried the newer versions, because usually when a new comany takes over a series, like in this case, everythign goes down hill. That apparently has happened :lol:.