xisto Community
midnitesun

Turkish Hackers Attacking My Site

does anybody here know a group called turkish hackers ? i never heard of them before but i am getting a lot of hacking attempts recently and to be honest i really got hacked by them once now , but that was because i never thought my site will be hacked since i lived it very recently so i overlooked some critical security issues , but hopefully i may be okay for now ,i had their ip's logged and was able to pursue them onto their site and forum where i found a mirror of my site when it was hacked along with hundreds of other sites , now i say it's lame , we work so hard to make a site and some guys who have too much freedom would come and deface all my work and get a kick out of it , and what is more annoying is they hardly know any english and only know a few four letter words and hahahaha , i just cant resist the temptation to go and post in their forums to come and hackmy site again now that i have taken necessary matters but i am a little afraid i might call up a challenge since they were the ones who recently hacked microsoft france site also , so i have to admit i am no match for them and have to vent my anger here in this forum :);)

First thing, secure your directories and cross check with PROPER folder permissions. Especially your config.php file :-)

haha This is almost hilarious, usually hackers dont attack sites for nothing. I dont believe a group of people randomly search a site and hack it for no reason at all. What have ?ou done to these hackers? :) Ive heard that Sentinel protection is really good for this kind of issues. By the way, doesnt anti virus include in Xisto hosting? By hacking your site - they are hacked Xisto database - please inform Buffalohelp about this.

you see they may come after sensitive information about credit cards or stuff like that and because my site indicates such information might be there in my database they may come and after much struggle finally hack and when they didnt get what they wanted wont they be really pissed off ? so wen they go they give you a little present saying they were here and bla bla , but u never can understand the minds of these guys , man they even do it for the mere pleasure of doing it or for bets made within themselves

How exactly do you know that they were hacking? They leave a present? Sounds like a bunch of people with problems if you ask me. Maybe try what they told you above. I hope you find a way to beat them!

turkish hackers hacked microsoft france during the day of sunday 6th june 2006 ! the site is still not disponible : http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
there were write on the webpage hacked :

hi Master (: Your System 0wned By Turkish Hackers!

redLine ownz y0u!

Special Thanx And Gretz RudeBoy |SacRedSeer|

The_Bekir And All Turkish HacKers

next target: microsoft.com

date: 18/06/2006 @ 19:06
WE WERE HERE....

you can see the different attacks on microsoft on this website : http://www.zone-h.org/content/view/4189/31/

Have a nice day

Edited by seastien (see edit history)

these people have attacked over 50 pages of websites, with 30 websites on each page!! that is 1,500 websites, since 6/26/2005... now that is someone who is overly obsessed with their work...... lol

I think hacking is seriousily annoying and the hackers themselfs i think are amongst the saddest and utterly most unconsiderate people in the world, the amount of effort everyone now has to go through to protect their sites from hackers is stupid, and hacking i think is as serious as extreme damage to somones property, even if the thing that they are defacing isnt a material good, it still takes alot of work, time and money to create.

Well think..If they have done all this work and hacked Microsoft france then peo could be right. What do they really want with you and think of who you have pissed off. Either way sort your security adn site out.

The entire concept and their name being "Turkish Hackers" really gave me a good laugh. I could so imagine turkish 12 year olds on some first person shooter, typing out "1337speak" and pretending they hack somebody when they sign off. Chances are that somebody you know did it. 99% of hack threats or supposed "hacking" on the internet is fake. Kids do it all the time in an attempt to intimidate people. Most of the time, it's either one of your authority on a forum pulling stuff or they just got lucky and guessed the password.

Is also a good point. Anybody whos anybody can do cool tricks with dos and make people think they have been hacked or at least scare them

Yeah, its strange, this is ths second Xisto site ive seen hacked by them. I went to their forums (Done in turkish) and they had something like 6000 registetered users!Could just be a mod for fake users but they seemed pretty active.

well not exactly is anybody trying to intimidate me or i am being suspicious , if you know anything about sql injection you may have an idea how someone can query mysql and sometimes insert malcious code , in my case they had inserted some javascript into my meta data by making use of a loop hole in my coding and permissions of certain folders, you can go to google and type either huntix or huntix.trap17.com and as things turned out google had last cached my site on 22 june and it also happened to be the date i was hacked so when you click cached you can see how my site looked when it was hacked, i guess things could'nt have turned out worse for me :) in googles description of my site will be saying hacked by apaci ;) but it took me just less than minute to correct it ,i also heard that some other guy who got hacked by the same group inserted a url in meta data so whenever anyone visits that site it gets redirected to the hackers site !