xisto Community
Wideawake

Presales Web Hosting Questions Regarding Computinghost About Extra BW, Content Supported and MySQL Space

Ok I currently am using another free host. And I need to make a move quick. I was thinking of going with company x which offers 250GB of bandwidth, and 5GB of storage for the low 2.99/month. But I ran across Xisto - Web Hosting. I like the fact that I can have unmetered email, mysql databases and such not offered with company x. My first ? is what is the size limit of the mysql databases? or is there a limit? Also on the bandwidth how much is it extra if I go over? Another thing, many sites now days are beginning to post ringtones, basically 10-32 sec clips of popular songs in either mp3 or m4a format. Of course there uploaded as .zips. Would these be possible to host with Xisto - Web Hosting? Thanks for any help in advanced.~Mike

#1.Firstly about your company X which is offering that much of resources is heavily overselling. Using a pen and paper you can work out a rough figure and can find out what is the optimal rate one should oversell and service their clients. OR you can also search forums and ask other users opinions regarding it.#2.Size of MySQL, Email extra is shared by your main package space. So, if you have plan 3S with 2.1 GB space. You can host 0 files and use the entire 2.1 GB for MySQL or use it entirely for mail etx. or use 1 GB for mail, 1 GB for mySQL and 100 mb for regular files. :)#3.We have stopped offering extra BW as, charging $1 or $2 for every 2-3 GB extra BW sounded silly. Since the next package priced at just $3 extra provides you with more than 30-40 GB BW. Hence, if you run out of BW, you are free to upgrade your account to next package.#4.As long as things are legal, you can host anything with Xisto - Web Hosting. :-)

Ok I currently am using another free host. And I need to make a move quick. I was thinking of going with company x which offers 250GB of bandwidth, and 5GB of storage for the low 2.99/month. But I ran across Xisto - Web Hosting. I like the fact that I can have unmetered email, mysql databases and such not offered with company x. My first ? is what is the size limit of the mysql databases? or is there a limit? Also on the bandwidth how much is it extra if I go over? Another thing, many sites now days are beginning to post ringtones, basically 10-32 sec clips of popular songs in either mp3 or m4a format. Of course there uploaded as .zips. Would these be possible to host with Xisto - Web Hosting? Thanks for any help in advanced.~Mike

I develop a lotta stuff, using Xisto - Web Hosting.

I've NEVER run into an issue, where the size of a DB has been too great... (However. DB size, is tied to disk usage, so, I'd expect a problem, when it exceeds my alotted diskspace...)

Sure, there's hosts out there, that offer 250Gb @ $3. Think about it....

Do they offer unlimited subdomans / domains? E-Mail? MySQL? Generally, Places like that, are so overbooked, that apps will run slow, and pages will creep...

I've been a Xisto - Web Hosting customer.... for several months now... I've never had a severe problem here, and, I hope never to have to leave :)

(Sadly, I will, at some point, when I graduate to a dedicated box.... But, I'd still probably keep my account here, as a 'backup site')

BTW -- Offering copyrighted materials, without a license from the publisher / label / artist / etc, is generally a bad thing. Legally, that is. In most places, it'll get your site pulled just as fast as warez/etc will.... I can't say I've committed Xisto - Web Hosting's AUP to memory, but, I'm willing to bet that it would here too.... (Although, I'm sure there are a plethora of PD ringtomes / etc out there to be had. Me, I like my cellphone, to sound like a phone! :P )