xisto Community
RexKwonDo

Get The Word Out - Google Talk

I think AIM is the most popular IMing service followed by MSN messanger. Google Talk is basically a dead messanger and no one uses it. If anyone wants to help I say we get the word of this out to all our friends and to forums. I also suggest we contact PHP, IPB, IF, and other boards to add a GT button to go along with AIM, MSN, YIM, ICQ, and Email. Also if someone could make a Get Google Talk userbar it would be a good way to get the word out.

is it like MSN Messenger ??? :)

Google Talk is better than MSN Messenger, it has abetter look and feel, less intrusive ads. I like it and use it a lot. I now also use it to talk to my other contacts, before that I was using Skype but I like Google Talk better.

google talk is not like msn messenger but its very nice to usethe lay out is simple and very easy to use!!!!!!!!

yea if we can get our friends to use it, it can be the next big thing. i have a question about it though. can you have like buddy profiles, away messages, buddy icons, etc.?

you can add a picture for your friends, or they can add it themselves. you can have away messages. but i don't think there are buddy profiles.. the smilies are kinda neat because if you do =) or something, it'll turn itself around so that it's right side up.

I think AIM is the most popular IMing service followed by MSN messanger. Google Talk is basically a dead messanger and no one uses it. If anyone wants to help I say we get the word of this out to all our friends and to forums. I also suggest we contact PHP, IPB, IF, and other boards to add a GT button to go along with AIM, MSN, YIM, ICQ, and Email. Also if someone could make a Get Google Talk userbar it would be a good way to get the word out.

Sorry but I don't think that AIM is the biggest messenger. I would count ICQ and MSN as the big ones, no one I know has AIM...

Actually AIM is used the most in the UNITED STATES. International wise I would say MSN Messanger because AIM is only avalible in some of Europe and in all of the US.

You can get a GTalk profile field mod for SMF from the SMF mods site. As far as this goes for other forums, this would more likely be accomplished through mods rather than implementation by the forum developers.
And there is a Google Talk userbar available at userbars.com.

I haven't used Google Talk since it's inception in Gmail...primarily because I usually use Skype or Windows Messenger (default messenger program that came with the machine). I was just wondering...can you use it to talk with those who don't have a Gmail account?

I haven't used Google Talk since it's inception in Gmail...primarily because I usually use Skype or Windows Messenger (default messenger program that came with the machine). I was just wondering...can you use it to talk with those who don't have a Gmail account?

Yep, you can - all they need to do is sign up for a Google account (but people who have a Gmail account automatically have a Google account, and therefore Google Talk account).

I only use Google Talk nowadays to talk to my few geeky friends who also have Google Talk because I get very annoyed with the general IM scene, especially the MSN one. "Do I know you? Then no, I don't want to be your friend, I don't want to be forced to listen to your problems with your little 12 year old friends spelled out in a toddler's attempt at language and will you please leave now." I ended up with more people on my blocked list than my friends list. Probably not a very good picture.

I don't think Google Talk will ever achieve the status of the other IM clients because it doesn't have all those bangs and whistles - backgrounds, thousands of emoticons, different coloured text, animation, etc. etc. which a lot of people like to use. So it will probably be left to the ones of us who actually only want to communicate, in understandable English, to use.

Well gtalk is very popular in India. It has now replaced yahoo messenger as the most used chat client. I'll list the ways in which gtalk is better than yahoo messenger and the ones in which it falls short:Advs:1)Simple interface and a neat pop up message feature2)Integrated with orkut3)Integrated with gmail4)Very low ram usage5)You can share your picasa web album6)No annoying "Inside Yahoo"7)You CAN disable run at startupDisAdvs:1)Not for dial up use. Causes problems with slow connections2)No chat rooms3)No environments (though i don't care about this feature)4)Nothing like launchcast.

I have been using gtalk for a year nowbefore that i used MSN messenger...but i think that Gtalk is better than MSN messengerits looks better,signing is easy,simple interface,easily understandable and has good features too..For those who haven't tried Try it now...its really good than many messengers