xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zach101

Questions Regarding Copy Right Laws And Information

Hey guys I have a few questions regarding copy right stuff. I am currently making a web page for a buisness and was wondering about copy right stuff. Because we are going to have logos and stuff on there I thought it might be a good idea but I talked to them and they said they did not really even care and that it was up to me if I wanted to further pursue it. This site is for a local buisness and will mainly only be attaracting local visitors so its not like some huge online business. So do I even need to copyright the stuff on there? Im sure no one will be stealing the logos or anything but I thought it looks good on footers when it says Copy right of bla and what not. So any information regarding how to copy right stuff, wheter its a good idea and if its even remotely neccesary for the small type of buisness im doing the site on would be awesome. thanks guys

I wouldn't worry about it if the logos are Local and clean of ownership, meaning that the company has clear ownership of the Logo.Won't be a problem until someone steals it from them. And the Company would only pursue the theft if they were losing income due to the theft.

thanks jilhaslip Besides "Page last udated on: " what do you think is other good content for a simple and clean footer?

Well you should try to keep it simple, just text and links as much as possible.You should have links to your legal and privacy policy pages if you have them.
Then you should mention the person who designed the site, and link to their own site if possible, you should note any copyright ownership of the page, and if you need to, a page last edited line.
You may also need to acknowledge, if you have used someone else's trademark or copyrighted material, that you are not the owner.
Notice from truefusion:
I don't think zach101 visits anymore.