xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ngjeffy

Iptv

Guys.. duno you all got heard of it.. IPTV. It is roughtly like system where a digital television service is delivered using the Internet Protocol over a network infrastructure, which may include delivery by a broadband connection.i guess that most of the asian countries havent start yet, probably US started it already.Hope that my country will have it soon

wow this is interesting, although a very short post and no information and no links and such, although this would opena new horison for people with ut tvs and such, i have seen many programs which allow you to stream tv to your pc and such, there are many avaible, and i see that the bbc have started showing there programs over the internet!!! which is good becasue if im out and about i can watch the world cup!!!!!!!! come on england!!!!!!!yeha any more info on this subject would be good because its an interesting area internet tv, and with a few problems liek for example wouldnt you need a tv license and such to watch tv on your computer??? anyways any more info on this subject woudl be great and anyone who uses this system would be good to hear form you aswell!!!!

I think I have heard something like that before. I guess Google supposedly was supposed to start to take over television or whatever by being a provider of IPTV. I think that would be pretty cool instead of paying for a cable and internet provider to have it all in one. Of course internet would cost a bit more but that's the price you pay. Although maybe it would be cheaper because it would be a packaged deal and be less expensive in the long run.

The transfer speed would have to be pretty amazing if tv quality shows were to be streamed on to a television live. You would probably need a dedicated T3 line or greater for HD channels. Because of this the quality probably isn't close to cable. The reason I watch shows on the TV opposed to on the computer is that it is much more enjoyable to watch something on a 42 inch display rather than a 19 inch display and you wouldn't have to wait for anything to download.

I think the BBC are doing some coverage similar to this with the world cup to people who live in the UK and have an internet connection.It allows you to watch the match of the day program, which is showing the live match(es), live over the internet.I had a quick look at one and the quality wasn't too good but I'd imagine it could be fine tuned if you were that bothered.The internet tv broadcasting is one of those things which is becoming more and more popular nowadays and I am sure there will be many more tv stations broadcasting over the internet in the future.

You don't need extremely high bandwidth for IPTV. The main thing is what compression they will use. Also, when IPTV first comes out I highly doubt they will deliver it in high definition. On a standard definition signal, they only require about 6mbits/sec speed. There are vdsl units where I live which deliver both internet and television. Though it is not exactly IPTV, the vdsl feed comes through the phone line and provides 12mbits/sec shared between the internet and tv signal. there are some issues with slow internet speeds.