xisto Community
Jus B

Windows Vista What do oyu think so far?

Windows Xp has been around for seems like ages, in the begining it was unstable, like most others in the begining. After a few Service packs, I would say XP came along way. Make way... Windows Vista, the new OS has looks to kill, amzing, the extras that come with it, the ease of use, granted beta mode so software compatability is a B*$%? and also if you plan on buying it when it comes to the store shelves....plan on buying a new pc because most that are in homes today will NOT keep up with a larger OS and AERO graphics your graphics card better be upto par and a minimum of a gig of ram. Old Reliable to Young and Fast

Windows Xp has been around for seems like ages, in the begining it was unstable, like most others in the begining. After a few Service packs, I would say XP came along way. Make way... Windows Vista, the new OS has looks to kill, amzing, the extras that come with it, the ease of use, granted beta mode so software compatability is a B*$%£ and also if you plan on buying it when it comes to the store shelves....plan on buying a new pc because most that are in homes today will NOT keep up with a larger OS and AERO graphics your graphics card better be upto par and a minimum of a gig of ram.
Old Reliable to Young and Fast

That's what I'm saving up all my money for. I'm probably going to need about $2000 for a new nice computer compatable with Vista.

Windows Xp has been around for seems like ages, in the begining it was unstable, like most others in the begining. After a few Service packs, I would say XP came along way. Make way... Windows Vista, the new OS has looks to kill, amzing, the extras that come with it, the ease of use, granted beta mode so software compatability is a B*$%£ and also if you plan on buying it when it comes to the store shelves....plan on buying a new pc because most that are in homes today will NOT keep up with a larger OS and AERO graphics your graphics card better be upto par and a minimum of a gig of ram. Old Reliable to Young and Fast

Actually, I have vista and I have to say its not really that needy of reasources, I dont need a new graphics card to run aero, just a bit more ram, and no you dont need a full gig of ram, you only need 512mb (I have 512md it runs great, and if you ahev a flash drive that has 512md or more vista can use it as a special type of ram, that is deticated to runing the programs that you use the most, which really makes it fast) to run the os and just a bit more (maybe 100mb) for aero, but if you dont have that much aero is just disabled, it still works fine. There is a catch on the graphics card though, you do need a higher preforming graphics card to run windows movie maker and windows slideshow in HD mode. But all in all u dont need a $2000 dollar computer, at Walmart you can get a basic "Vista Compatible" computer for about $345, or a Media Center PC that is more than compatiable for about $778 At the moment you could say vista is slow and will take lots of reasources, but remember its a beta, the first realese candidate isnt due for 3-4 months, now that will be the one that tells you how much reasources it should take.

:)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jus B @ Jun 25 2006, 05:32 PM) 261031[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--> Windows Xp has been around for seems like ages, in the begining it was unstable, like most others in the begining. After a few Service packs, I would say XP came along way. Make way... Windows Vista, the new OS has looks to kill, amzing, the extras that come with it, the ease of use, granted beta mode so software compatability is a B*$%Ł and also if you plan on buying it when it comes to the store shelves....plan on buying a new pc because most that are in homes today will NOT keep up with a larger OS and AERO graphics your graphics card better be upto par and a minimum of a gig of ram.
Old Reliable to Young and Fast

Actually, I have vista and I have to say its not really that needy of reasources, I dont need a new graphics card to run aero, just a bit more ram, and no you dont need a full gig of ram, you only need 512mb (I have 512md it runs great, and if you ahev a flash drive that has 512md or more vista can use it as a special type of ram, that is deticated to runing the programs that you use the most, which really makes it fast) to run the os and just a bit more (maybe 100mb) for aero, but if you dont have that much aero is just disabled, it still works fine.

There is a catch on the graphics card though, you do need a higher preforming graphics card to run windows movie maker and windows slideshow in HD mode.

But all in all u dont need a $2000 dollar computer, at Walmart you can get a basic "Vista Compatible" computer for about $345, or a Media Center PC that is more than compatiable for about $778

At the moment you could say vista is slow and will take lots of reasources, but remember its a beta, the first realese candidate isnt due for 3-4 months, now that will be the one that tells you how much reasources it should take.

I'm obsessed with Windows Vista. If I get hosted, I'm going to create a Windows Vista site with information, etc.

Yeah, anybody on a "budget" interested in the Starter Edition? It allows you to run a limit of 3 applications at once! WOW! What a deal. Not really. Actually, there's no "great deal" with Vista. It just hides it's true self under it's bloated, pretty face.How about that DRM? Boy, that sure sounds fun. Not really. In fact, that is the one reason why I refuse to put Vista on any of my machines when it comes out. I won't pay to have MY computer tell me how and what media can be played. Heck, they could give it to me for free and I still wouldn't use it... except for maybe using the disc as a coaster... or a frisbee.

Windows Vista dees not necessarily need hardware upgrade. We had tried it on our average machines and it performed well. Though many companies are selling computers(and hardware) with a "windows vista compatible" tag, that is only for sales promotin and nothing else. Believe me, Vista runs perfectly ok ( along with the bugs in the trial version) on a p4 machine.

My PC says Vista Capable. so i'm good. I just bought it. A Sony VAIO. It's awesome!

There's a certain software make by Microsoft that scan your hardware to see if its Vista compatible and I've tried and it says my system is lack of one wddc or something card...btw, does all of those vista installer the same like i can use the one you've installed as long as I enter my own product key? I miss the downloads provided by Microsoft but i have the product key assign to me and I'm now looking for the installer itself? anyone has any idea how to get it?

Vista looks good so far from what I seen in magazines and so forth. But I do tend to wait untill particular bugs on the program are ironed out. One good case is Windows ME, many people buying it without realising the bugs that came out with it, or pretty much looking like Windows 98 Third Edition.

I just installed a RC of VIsta at work and let me tell you this....1) It's pretty, yea I said it. It's pretty.2) It's very cumbersome. 32 bit install requires 512 ram and 16 gigs to install. 64 bit, well it needs 1 gig of ram and 24 gigs of install space. 3) There is a firewall protection scheme running on top of windows. So anything you install, is questioned by the windows firewall. I can understand this, but is it really necessary?4) Right click desktop, display properties? Nope, not there anymore. Now it's 'Personalize' then choose display properties.5) Installing windows components? Good luck with this one. I had to refer to an online forum to find the answer.6) Memory hog? Yup you guessed it, back to the first edition of Win98.To me, Vista is just a pretty version of 2000/XP with some extra added features that no one wants or needs. I would compare this more to the Mac OS than a new version of Windows!

Does Windows Vista allow most of the running and compatible programs of windows xp to conform to Vista? I mean does those program that works on Window XP works on Windows Vista too and runs properly?

Does Windows Vista allow most of the running and compatible programs of windows xp to conform to Vista? I mean does those program that works on Window XP works on Windows Vista too and runs properly?

Mostly, sometimes it requires a little work to get certain programs to work, yow just have to go into that programs properties, then go to compatability, then set it to the OS that it usually runs on. also if say a new program is installed that is not compatable, windows will detect that it didnt correctly install and ask if you would like to use the recomended settings, which usually works, and if that doesnt work chang the compatibility properties even farther to run in adminastrator mode and u should have no problems, and as that other guy said it does use alot of reasources and has alot of notifications from its firewall, but it is good if you got programs that you dont want to be running like viruses, so you can just click no. Oh that guy cant have an RC because the RC1 isnt out yet. so he has Vista Beta 2 which is still a BETA so that means it will be clunky and be a naggy, but that doesnt mean that when it is actually released to the public that it will be that way, so dont make any asumtions yet, the RC isnt even out.

A lot of computer magazines say that most notebook computers will not run windows vista, and that ones that are windows-vista compatible will only just run it.

Look out for this logo on new PC's

Posted Image

Yup, my notebook dont work on Windows Vista, I've run the Vista advisor provided by Microsoft and it say I lack of one component... However, when Vista gets stable and it runs properly, I'll probably buy it and get the required device... I've seen that logo a couple of times at my friends notebook, and i really envy them... They dont require any trouble in upgrading their notebook for Vista, whereas i do...