xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
icemarle

People Who Tail You Around _ Ever wondered what happened to that part that supposedly dis

There's this really annoying kid in my class. She acts like a tomboy and can't seem to sit still. (Even her hair is cut rather short) That's not the problem though... The thing is, when you start acting even just a bit nice to her, she'll start sticking around with you. I mean, sure, that's understandable, since she doesn't have any friends. But this is going too far... Let's call her ABCD for now. You see, I hang out with this group. ABCD keeps on sticking to one of my friends in the group. Pretty understandable... How did it happen? Well, that friend of mine acted a bit nice toward ABCD, and ABCD started tailing her. That began from last year. They weren't classmates back then, so it was only mild. She was tailing someone else last year. Anyway, she's really annoying right now... starting useless conversations and always saying "Wasn't the topic HARD?" "Didn't you think it was HARD?" "It was HARD wasn't it?" Why can't she find something else to talk about? I started to put her to the test... She was behind my friend when I called her attention. I told my friend to go *somewhere*. Lo and behold... ABCD noticed her and was on her tail right away... Can't she stop doing that? Well, it's not only that... my friend's kinda annoyed cause ABCD acts too friendly that she pushes my friend around and makes sloppy jokes... :) I know she's trying to fit in, but no one likes to be tailed. My friend doesn't like it either... and even though she had initial pity, it's turning into irritation... My friend doesn't have the guts to tell her to back-off... So lucky us... We have one on our tail.

I've been on the both sides of this issue. I know its rather annoying to have someone following you around, but I have been on the other side of the issue. Most people do it without even realizing it actually, which is the sad part. When I was in middle school I barely had any friends, what ended up when people ended up being nice to me, I took it as sympthy for my situation more then anything, but this was the first time people actually made an attempt at being nice to me, so I ran with it and tried to become friends with the person. I joined the person at lunch a few times and talk to her in class, but I didn't follow her at all.What ended up happening is, of course, is the friends of the person started picking on me (their version was asking a ton of dumb questions in order to confuse which made my anwsers seem dumber then the question or seem like an abnormal anwser) and the person would join right in. Kind of like luring the sheep to the slaughter. So it was a hopeless case. So, I gave up on trying to become friends with them and instead, became rather bitter towards them. A few weeks later the person tried to say "Sorry about her friends, I only wanted you off my back, can we still be friends?" What I told her "Really if your so sorry, why did you join them? Friends don't let friends pick on friends." and I walked off. A week later there was a rumor going around that I was "mean to people and even more mean to my best of friends." Whats said is I never considered her as a best friend at all. :) I'm not saying that you are being mean to the person by saying "Just give me some space", but at least do it in a way that will hurt there feelings in the least amount. From what I've noticed is that this is normally a phase a person goes threw. I've noticed it most commonly happens in middle school and can even last threw the high school. It is normally caused by a lack of having a social interaction and the more you talk with the person the less and less the will follow you around, because they start getting sick of you. I'm hoping my advice doesn't back fire, but thats how I normally deal with people like that. :(

Edited by Madkat-Z (see edit history)

She probably has a thing for you, but that's kind of the obvious thing to say. Just get over it or ignore her and she'll most likely and hopefully knock it off.

Hmm.. that's kind of a tricky situation. Like Madkatz said, I think I can see both sides of that. While I get 'tailed' by annoying people sometimes, I think I'm the .. 'tailer?' sometimes, too XDMaybe she'd act more normal and be almost worth hanging out with if you guys were friendly to her, so she wouldn't be .. worried everything she says will sound stupid? Or you could more-or-less ignore her, maybe she'd get bored and go away.

All I can say is that really sucks. I know how it feels to have to have to do somehting about a situation, especially if its on the border of hurting someone's feelings. Its the way you have to act and precede to things that makes the person understand who you are and what are your moral values. For instance if someone says that they love you, they have to truly mean this by showing affection and care towards the person they are talking about.Your in the same situation as this. You want to show affecting and love to someone, make them feel as if you care for them. Interm they will return the favor to you, this is the flaw you see. The moment you show someone this "affection" they will feel as if they must return the favor. I hope this makes any sense.... :)

Edited by savge17 (see edit history)

I know lots of people like that! The best thing to do about a person or people like that is to forget about them and live your own life. This person doen't rule this world so, just find people to combat them and you'll be good.

She probably has a thing for you, but that's kind of the obvious thing to say. Just get over it or ignore her and she'll most likely and hopefully knock it off.

She's not tailing me. Just someone from my group... I don't think it's me.

If she's a nice person can't you accept her into your little group? Unless she's just so wierd and annoying you don't want people to know you know here. :-/

I don't like the way when she acts so "close" it's like she's being too forceful. Last year, my class had problems with her because she kept staring at people for no apparent reason.

Classmate notices ABCD is staring.
Classmate: Why are you looking at me?
ABCD: Nothing...

And her stare is really freaky... ._. I don't know how to explain it... By the way, most of my classmates don't like girls acting like boys. That could be another reason why they shunned her. (Most of the class did anyway) If you end up being nice to her, she'll tail you. She'll start acting so close that she goes as far as:

1. Putting hand on your shoulder... Commonly done while walking.
2. Crack up corny jokes
3. Do "Friendly" punches [this, of course, will not hurt in any way] (obviously, girls won't take this in a nice way)
4. Tail you
5. Tail you some more!

My friend's experiencing this at the moment. She noticed that ABCD doesn't follow her when she goes to the washroom, however... (and it's not like she went to a cubicle or anything either.)

Anyway, I don't mind her. I just wish she'd stop tailing people!
Edited by icemarle (see edit history)

...my class had problems with her because she kept staring at people for no apparent reason.
Classmate notices ABCD is staring.
Classmate: Why are you looking at me?
ABCD: Nothing...

And her stare is really freaky... ._. I don't know how to explain it...

She may be just staring into oblivion, just spacing out or more or less daydreaming. I've been asked that question so many times when I space out its sad. Half the time I'm not really looking at anything, but if I am its at something behind the person or an object near the person. It rather ticks me off when people just assume you are staring at them and don't consider that you may be just staring at something else. One time, I had spaced out looking at the floor off in the distance of our gym and the next thing, I'm basically getting pushed over, and starts asking me "Why are you staring at me?" as if I was some pervert. I tried by best to explain that I was looking at the floor and not her, but she kept on talking asking me all these questions as if I was stalking her.

I never actually saw had her do that to me (the staring thing) so I wouldn't know. Well, the reason why most people probably saw it the wrong way was because she was sitting at the front row. Then she'd seemingly stare at random people which, of course, makes them confused. (I see her doing that to other people, though when she kinda looks at me, I don't really think about it much... I just ignore it and do something else)Sigh... she tailed us again... I know she's trying hard to fit in and stuff... but she's trying too much. I've been meaning to tell her this since last year, but one of my friends won't let me.

She may be just staring into oblivion, just spacing out or more or less daydreaming.

Hehe.. that happened to me before. Actually, some girl thought I was staring at her boyfriend, and she was pissed XD ..ah, highschool o.o

Oh god I know the feeling. You think it's the right thing to be nice to someone, and then they think they got a new friend. It is the most annoying thing on Earth. I swear. They think that you are their close friend, and then they want to be around you constantly. I think it is so annoying. Then, they get mad at you, when you try to tell them to leave you alone, and then they say something like "I thought we were friends" and then you feel like saying "That's the problem!" but you don't because you are nicer than that. Yes I know it all to well. I am known as the nice guy, and it kills me in situations like this.

Actually... I'm the silent-type in class. I want people to be frank to me... When I notice they're hiding things from me because they don't feel good about me, I ask them to tell me straight to my face. However, it may be different the other way around. Like I said, I'm the silent-type. I'm not really good at being spontaneous with my words. I always need time to compose myself. Actually, I'm gradually... accepting what's happening. Though when the time comes when I can't take it anymore... I may just say it.