xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

Are Me An My Friends The Only Ones Who Believe Mugglenet Is Making A Ton Of Money?

I may be wrong here, but wasn't there a time when one had to shell out $100 for registering a domain? What do we have now? A mere $10 per year! Domains may be an entirely different field altogether, but the overall concept is similar. When something becomes more and more popular, the price will decrease sometime or the other. Take Xisto for example. The lowest hosting package is $1.95 per month, while the average price out there is around $5 per month. Now isn't there a good chance that others will succumb to the competition and reduce their prices too?

Asking visitors to pay for the bandwidth to use is really a cheap trick! It just shows how greedy people can be - trying to make money off everything.

I'm unsure about the registration costs in the past, but I do believe those are in fact different fields. Bandwidth may go down in the future or may not. I'm not quite understanding where this "bandwidth" comes from to begin with. My understanding is there is one overall provider who splits into subdivisions who splits again and they split and on and on until you get to the end-users(us).

As for the charging for bandwidth, I definitely agree. The worst part is the charge was to download their client to BETA TEST THEIR game. It's not even like we were paying for the end-client. We were paying so we could test their stuff for them.. How that makes sense I still don't understand.

BTW, I typo'd the cost. It was $5. I think the only reason people did it is because they did give us 10 days of "free play time" (which $15/3 = 5 so it was equal to 1/3 of a month) but regardless, their reasoning behind it is what I disagreed with.