xisto Community
SyneWave

Ps3 + Sony = Evil You all wanna buy one? Think twice.

Will You Be Buying A PS3? (Read Topic First)  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The PS3 price was rather expensive when it was first released but now it has dropped a bit. But when you compare its processor and functions with the other gaming consoles out there (Xbox and Wii, and then look at the prices) it does seem reasonable enough.In terms of processor and features it is a MASSIVE step up from the PS2 and yes the price is as well. Still, I think it is worth the price tag and I would buy one.

Okay, your argument is mostly about the hardware, is it not?

If so, consider the fact that on every game system sold, the manufacturer gets almost no money, if any at all, and sometimes even get back *less* than it costed them to produce the system in the first place.

Their money is earned by the games and accessories sold, not by the systems.

Now, consider the media player(blue ray) that is in the PS3, and compare it to HD in the 360. Obviously the blue ray will cost more. So comparing the two really isn't any good. Not to mention PS3 has blue ray and built in wifi(doesn't it?) whereas the 360 does not. Again, consider that the ps3 has free online play(did with ps2 at least, I don't have a ps3 to confirm) but the 360 you have to pay $60 a year to play online.

To better explain the losses that are incurred, check out the following link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

According to that, Sony admits to losing $130 on every PS3 sold, but the real figures are more like $260 lost per console.

So...Don't base your hatred for the companies on how much they charge for their systems. It's the game prices that matter. And being that blank blue ray's run $25-30 on the normal market, asking $60 for a game that is on blue ray isn't too bad I don't think. Just assume you're paying $30 for the game, whereas with wii/360 you are paying more like $40.

Overall, the PS3 is the better deal, :P.

The processor they use is as powerful as most processor used in PC today. As you all know that process are very expansive, let's set the price for the processor about $150 (reasonable enough?). Next comes the grahpic card, i haven't analyse the spec. for PS3 but from what i heard, the graphic is amazying. so i'm guessing the graphic card would price around $120+. So far with just the processor and grahpic card, that's half of the price for the PC 3. Also, they are going to embed the latest blue-rey disk drive, which will cost alot because it's so new. Let us say it cost around $100 for the disk drive.. that's $370. And another $150 for the other hardwares included in the ps3 (controllers, motherboard, case, ram.. etc. ). And of couse..they have to pay the employees money to develope the system, so it actually adds up to the price.

Edited by velma (see edit history)

The processor they use is as powerful as most processor used in PC today. As you all know that process are very expansive, let's set the price for the processor about $150 (reasonable enough?). Next comes the grahpic card, i haven't analyse the spec. for PS3 but from what i heard, the graphic is amazying. so i'm guessing the graphic card would price around $120+. So far with just the processor and grahpic card, that's half of the price for the PC 3. Also, they are going to embed the latest blue-rey disk drive, which will cost alot because it's so new. Let us say it cost around $100 for the disk drive.. that's $370. And another $150 for the other hardwares included in the ps3 (controllers, motherboard, case, ram.. etc. ). And of couse..they have to pay the employees money to develope the system, so it actually adds up to the price.

This is pretty accurate. At one point there was a pretty popular editorial about how the consoles themselves cause companies to lose money, and that's why they charge so much for games and accessories. I know that when the PS3 originally came out and was $499/599, the cost to Sony for each system was $750-800. Even so, people complained.

Prices go down over time because the costs get lowered over time, but the fact still remains that the companies have to earn money. If they don't, they can't continue making new systems and then people will complain from the lack of gaming systems. It's a pretty vicious cycle caused by consumers wanting to get everything for nothing, without even considering the consequences of their request.

I think the sony PS3 will be the top selling, best video gaming system ever.
It has mtion sensitive controllers, and HD DVD Player, the best graphics, and more. It blows the 360 away.

Now, many of you are complaining about the PS3 price, but think about this. The top XBOX 360 Gaming system is 400$. The worst PS3 one, is 500$, but also 2x better.

So all in all, the price is about fair, because if the PS3 has so many fetures, it will cost more than the 360, which is almost no different than the XBOX

jailbreak 2 buy jb2 dongle jb2 true blue