xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. T

Sounds Issues

This was also happening to the computer I am on right now before I reformatted it a day ago.The problem in which I am having is the sound works for messengers and WMP I have on my pc. But the problem is I am not getting any sound off any other players online while trying to listen to videos or playing games.So any help that can resolve my issue would be much appreciated.

"other players..." as in online game? So, to recap, you're playing a game and you are also watching a video or listening to a music. And you cannot hear your online game sounds (whether it's a sound effect or players voice chatting)?Tell us what your playback setting is on...for example all are checked under your sound property, especially your stereo mix and "what you hear" Make sure not one playback volume is set on mute.There's a good chance that your online video game may have settings where two sounds cannot be crossed--much similar to video overlap where two videos that demand video hardware acceleration cannot be viewed at the same time. So the question is, were you able to listen to both previously?

Have you more then one Sound card on your PC.For ex one on your mainboard and one in a PCI slot.An other possiblity is that your Soundcard on your mainboard is not correctly recognised by installing Windows XP.The you have installed Direct X (used for most games).And afterwards installed you Soundcard correctly, then you have forgotten to reinstall Direct X.So maybe it will work if you download Direct X from the microsoft site and install it again.Also take a look at the control pannel / system if your Soundcard is corretly installed.

Sorry if I confused what I had said I am not playing to sound sites at once I mean just 1 site with a video or a game that is suppose to have sound will not even play sound.

Is that site made in Flash, or is it attempting to play a sound in the background? Perhaps you are missing some codec? Or your Wave is muted, or set to lowest setting?Tell us more about that site, about what hardware you have? There are millions of reasons that could happen...